Post Your Guitar Thread
Jul 2, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #31 of 191
It is just an entry-level Jackson JX10. I love playing it, but the pickups are not that great. However, they aren't that hard to replace whenever I get around to it
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #32 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80
It is just an entry-level Jackson JX10. I love playing it, but the pickups are not that great. However, they aren't that hard to replace whenever I get around to it
biggrin.gif

I had a JS1 before I got my H207, I actually miss it a lot, it was comfortable...but it could use binding, I love binding.

Jul 2, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #33 of 191
I'm building a guitar at the moment, so all I can post are 6 in line gotoh tuners and a finished fingerboard. It's got paua dots so it looks quite good but.. i'll post when i've finished it.

Jul 3, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #35 of 191
dommica: just got back from Guitar Center coz I was gonna get the G-400 SG, but one thing really turned me off. the neck of the guitar is MUCH heavier than the body. I put it on my lap to try it and the guitar tips over. this is the first I've encountered something like this
frown.gif
. ive tried the other SG models, they were also heavy, but they were balanced. and because of that issue, I bought a Schecter Omen-6 instead
biggrin.gif

hr_omen6_wsn.jpg

Walnut Satin finish
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #36 of 191
Yeah all gibbys feel funny to me... no balance. LPs sit too low on my lap and the body is heavier than the neck. SGs are kind of the opposite. But the sound is like like no other.

IMHO of course...

Jul 4, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #37 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by dommica
That sits on your knee properly?!
confused.gif
Have you played any of the ESP's D-EJ915?
Mmmmmmm i prefer that
icon10.gif

Yeah, SGs don't sit properly at all, the Viper does, from all I've listened to about it, I haven't played one personally though. I have played...like 13 different SGs (epiphone, Gibson and variants) and they all sit like **** and play like that too. I don't know why people like those POSes...

Anyway, bleed, I played the Omen 6 a lot and it actually has a good tone to it, the 006 is my prefered model but they're both very nice instruments (I wish the 006 had 24 but whatever).

I just noticed...ESP japan has a new "kiki" signature model or whatever that has 27 frets and a "batman" guitar...badass. Check 'em out at www.espguitars.co.jp/

ESP > Gibson

Jul 4, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #38 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Anyway, bleed, I played the Omen 6 a lot and it actually has a good tone to it, the 006 is my prefered model but they're both very nice instruments (I wish the 006 had 24 but whatever).

Im thinking of replacing the pickups though. maybe an EMG81 for bridge, then an Air Norton on neck. do you think these two would play along well? not really knowledgeable when it comes to pickups
frown.gif
. and dude, I really liked the 006 Vampire Red Satin, but like you said, also wished it had 24 frets, I would've gotten it instead.

Jul 4, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #39 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed
Im thinking of replacing the pickups though. maybe an EMG81 for bridge, then an Air Norton on neck. do you think these two would play along well? not really knowledgeable when it comes to pickups
frown.gif
. and dude, I really liked the 006 Vampire Red Satin, but like you said, also wished it had 24 frets, I would've gotten it instead.

To tell you the truth, I've never actually played any good pickups before, only stock or EMGs, so no help there. You can search around on http://seymourduncan.com/forum/ though, I'm a member on there and try to soak up as much as I can. One thing I know is that I think a SH6/SH6 combo would be the best for me, or maybe a Distortion (SH6)/INvader(SH8) combo would be ... I'm not sure since I've never used either one
frown.gif
One thing I know about the Invader is that it's psycho loud, the "duncan detonator" is like it and is in the WRXG guitar (jackson) and they are LOOOOOOOUD, lol.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

Jul 4, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #40 of 191
Since I've seen a bass or two mentioned, you can have a quick look at mine, at my homepage listed in my profile. My newest is this Warmoth:-

DINK_CU2.JPG

Jul 4, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #41 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zon
Since I've seen a bass or two mentioned, you can have a quick look at mine, at my homepage listed in my profile. My newest is this Warmoth:-

DINK_CU2.JPG

Speaking of a bass...I want to get a precision bass. I've read some decent reviews of the "SX" brand, so it should be at least as good as Squier (and a bit less too) so here's a link to it. http://www.rondomusic.net/product395.html what do you think?

Jul 4, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #42 of 191
Quote:

Speaking of a bass...I want to get a precision bass. I've read some decent reviews of the "SX" brand, so it should be at least as good as Squier (and a bit less too) so here's a link to it. http://www.rondomusic.net/product395.html what do you think?

Would this be your first bass or are you already playing? - and if so, what are you using now?

I'm not personally familiar with the SX brand though I know what Squier is. I've never had the occasion to play them so I couldn't make an honest judgment. My advice would be to go to a store that has what you're interested in and try several out. Quality can vary from instrument to instrument and your best bet would be to try to pick one out yourself. Though the level of quality of imports has increased dramatically, it's still a good idea to take some care picking one out for playability. The beauty of a Precision, though, is there are a ton of after-market upgrades and it's easy enough to buy a new pickup to improve the sound.

Jul 4, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #43 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zon
Would this be your first bass or are you already playing? - and if so, what are you using now?

I'm not personally familiar with the SX brand though I know what Squier is. I've never had the occasion to play them so I couldn't make an honest judgment. My advice would be to go to a store that has what you're interested in and try several out. Quality can vary from instrument to instrument and your best bet would be to try to pick one out yourself. Though the level of quality of imports has increased dramatically, it's still a good idea to take some care picking one out for playability. The beauty of a Precision, though, is there are a ton of after-market upgrades and it's easy enough to buy a new pickup to improve the sound.

Okay, that's what I did for my guitar. I think I'll hit up my local stores this week...I just want to pick up the bass, so it'd be my first
tongue.gif
I just hate the way the Jazz looks
tongue.gif

Jul 4, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #44 of 191
Bleed: - Is that a new SG or an older one?

Quote:

Okay, that's what I did for my guitar. I think I'll hit up my local stores this week...I just want to pick up the bass, so it'd be my first
tongue.gif
I just hate the way the Jazz looks
tongue.gif

Good idea - definitely try to take advantage of any holiday sales. Most of this kind of stuff is heavily discounted around now. I happen to like the look of a Jazz, myself. I finally joined the ranks of vintage owners and recently acquired this '62 Jazz, refinished and re-fretted with correct fret wire - otherwise all original. Plays like a dream and sounds like the records.

This one has the magic and I'm lucky to have it.
icon10.gif

62J_FULL.jpg

Jul 4, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #45 of 191
Bleed: What type of music do you play?
I play a weird selection of anything, except anything too heavy. I found the viper 50 for £230 which is pretty good, considering everywhere else it was around £400
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back