Post your favourite joke here! Keep 'em clean !
Dec 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #526 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I've really gotten into John Owen the last year or so, too. His stuff is incredibly hard to understand sometimes, so the reading is really slow-going... but it's like a gold mine in there!"

Yes Owen is great too. I have read some of his stuff on ccel.org. You ever read Francis Schaeffer? Fantastic work!

I haven't read any Schaeffer, but I've heard a lot about his work.

I'm starting a new book today. The White Horse Inn had the author on the show, and I was intrigued by what he had to say about it, so I picked up a copy.

P.S. Don't be fooled by the cheesy cover... I think this one will be quite solid...

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #528 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks interesting Top. I will have to check that one out. I just finished one a couple weeks ago that I found just completely enlightening: Amazon.com: Spectacular Sins: And Their Global Purpose in the Glory of Christ: John Piper: Books

Ahh, Piper... how I love him so...
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #530 of 563
An old, blind cowboy wanders into an all-girl biker bar by mistake. He finds his way to a stool and orders some coffee. After sitting there for a while, he calls to the waiter, 'Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke?'

The bar immediately falls absolutely silent. In a very deep, husky voice, the woman next to him says, "Before you tell that joke, Cowboy, I think it is only fair, given that you are blind, that you should know five things: 1. The bartender is a blonde girl with a baseball bat. 2. The bouncer is a blonde girl. 3. I'm a 6-foot tall, 175-pound blonde woman with a black belt in karate. 4. The woman sitting next to me is blonde and a professional weightlifter. 5. The lady to your right is blonde and a professional wrestler. Now, think about it seriously, Mister. Do you still wanna tell that joke?"

The blind cowboy thinks for a second, shakes his head, and mutters, "No . . . not if I'm gonna have to explain it five times."

Jan 19, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #532 of 563
Prince Charles decided to take up jogging. Every day, he'd jog past a hooker standing on the same street corner. He learned to brace himself as he approached her for what was almost certain to follow. "One hundred and fifty pounds!" she'd shout from the curb. "No! Five pounds!" He would fire back, just to shut her up.
This ritual between him and the hooker became a daily occurrence. He'd run by and she'd yell, "One hundred and Fifty pounds!" He'd yell back, "Five pounds!"
One day, Camilla decided that she wanted to accompany her husband on his jog. As the jogging couple neared the working woman's street corner, Prince Charles realised she'd bark her £150 offer and Camilla would wonder what he'd really been doing on all his past outings. He figured he'd better have a good explanation for his wife.
As they jogged into the turn that would take them past the corner, he became even more apprehensive than usual. Sure enough, there was the hooker. He tried to avoid the prostitute's eyes as she watched the pair jog past. Then, from her corner, the hooker yelled, "See what you get for five pounds, you tight child.

Jan 19, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #533 of 563
Energizer Bunny went to jail..........He was charged with BATTERY!!!

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #536 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many Head-fiers it takes to change a light bulb?

A: Three: one to change the bulb and two to argue how much better the old one was

You forgot about the recable and the double blind test... And they didn't change the bulb after all, but 27 members posted in the bulb rolling thread.

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #538 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You forgot about the recable and the double blind test... And they didn't change the bulb after all, but 27 members posted in the bulb rolling thread.

rofl
o2smile.gif

A young ventriloquist is touring the clubs, and one night he's doing
show in a small town in Kentucky. With his dummy on his knee, he starts going through his usual dumb blond jokes when a blond woman in the 4th row stands on her chair and starts shouting:

"I've heard enough of your stupid blond jokes. What makes you think
you can stereotype women that way? What does the color of a person's hair have to do with her worth as a human being? It's guys like you who keep women like me from being respected at work, and in the community, and from reaching our full potential as a person. Because you and your kind continue to perpetuate discrimination against not only blonde's, but women in general...and
all in the name of humor!"

The embarrassed ventriloquist begins to apologize, and the blond yells, "You stay out of this mister! I'm talking to that little crap on your lap!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back