Post your favourite 80s music videos, any genre
Aug 23, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #18 of 496
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Nice stuff.

Hmmm, uh, how about

1. New Musik

YouTube - New Musik - Living by Numbers - 1980

2. Human League

YouTube - The Human League - Don't You Want Me (2003 Digital Remaster)

3. The extended version of Springsteen's I'm On Fire

But the first music video I remember seeing was not Video Killed the Radio Star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWtHEmVjVw8

But this, by Def Leppard:

YouTube - Def Leppard - Photograph

Fantastic, man. And a whole other dimension to the music I listened to.

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #20 of 496
a few stick out for me, amongst others;

don henley - boys of summer
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

the cars - drive. boy was i was in love with paulina porzikova!

tears for fears - everybody wants to rule the world

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #21 of 496
my favorite video of the eighties, and quite possibly my favorite video of all time:

Bastards Of Young | The Replacements | Music Video | MTV

forced by the record company to put out a video to promote the Tim album, the 'Mats obliged by making a video so banal that it would bully the record executives into never again requesting another one from the band.

it didn't quite work, but the message was clear: don't mess with the 'Mats.

ironically -- for me, at least -- it turned out to be one of the most memorable videos i've ever seen. i was engrossed from beginning to end. especially impressive was the amount of decibels required to make an ashtray tumble off a speaker.

the Replacements will always be the first and last band that comes to mind when i think about music in the eighties.

Aug 26, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #24 of 496
Aug 14, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #25 of 496
Bringing this one back because this decade in music is still where it's at.

If you have some, show your love for the EIGHTIES. Was about to say cheesy videos preferred but is ofcourse the default :)

Unparalleled deepness from Kate

''Hey, let's dance with custom wrist mics''

Eighties haircuts..

Hey, Mr. Palmer on this? :xf_eek:

One of Stevie's perfections

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #26 of 496
A welcome spot of necromancy @moriez! It's a special decade in music for me as well, being an 80s kid 
cool.gif

So you like a bit of Kate Bush? This was always one of my favourite vids of hers from the 80s - slightly lesser known song too:

80s avant-garde = 2015 cheese (still a nice bit of Voltaire synth pop though):

And this is just one of my favourite 80s songs (although the video is nothing special):

Keep 'em coming, now you've resurrected this thread!

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #27 of 496
Well allright! Nice to see you in here WA. 

Color me impressed with especially your first two tracks and that comes from a guy who's one picky mother :) Not exactly a fan of Kate's but it had me from the beginning. On some Ghostbusters inspiration? Honestly, I've never even heard any of those three songs..ever. Real nice. I'll be posting more fine musical pieces soon. Since you're a 80's kid you're going to have to see: 80's The Decade That Made Us if you haven't already. Absolutely essential to at least see once.

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #28 of 496
Cool vid, enjoyed that! It actually makes a change to see one of those talking head retrospectives from an American perspective; I normally only see the British version of events. Thanks for posting Running Up That Hill too - listened to that song I dunno how many times, but never actually seen the video before (didn't even know there was one!). The sequence with the Bush-masks is like some kind of proto Come To Daddy!

I've got a stack more vids to post up as well... so looking forward to some 80s video ping-pong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back