Post your favourite 80s music videos, any genre
Aug 17, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #33 of 496
  Oh yeah fellas, if at all possible post the better sounding vids. Searching with HQ or HD in the title sometimes yields results. Seeing the original videos has priority though.

Yeah, I always try to prioritize the video with the best quality audio when there are several uploads out there. Sometimes though, a video is so obscure you can only find one single upload of it.

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #38 of 496
Owner of a Lonely Heart - so good it had to be posted twice eh guys? It really is though! The original vid is frickin weird (in a good way)! A bit more prog coming your way:

You can't beat a bit of Gary Numan, there in his car. Here's one of his contemporaries, singing about his under-garments:

And finally...

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #39 of 496
Still the best band of the 80's for me. The self-titled album was even produced very well too, no mean feat in those days..

I'm pretty sure The Blue Nile were Linn Records first commercial signing. It's a bit miserabilist but beautiful with it and of course the production is top-notch..

No Scottish collection can be complete without The Skids. Production values? Not so much
L3000.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #40 of 496
Every St. Patrick's Day SLF would play a gig at the Glasgow Barrowlands. The Barrowlands was (is) famous for having a suspended floor and nobody tested it harder than SLF. We went for probably 10 years without a miss but eventually we stopped. There's only so many pints of pish you can take being thrown over you. This isn't The Barrowlands but you'll get the gist..

Aug 20, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #41 of 496
One of my favourite bands from the early 90s was The Fatima Mansions - for my money, not many songwriters can match the twisted inventiveness of front man Cathal Coughlan's lyric writing. Before the Mansions, in the 80s he fronted Microdisney, and though the music was the polar opposite in many respects, Coughlan's anarchic spirit still shines through (albeit in a far more restrained way!)

And one of my favourite bands from the 80s - the weirder they got, the more they frustrated their label (EMI) and the more I liked them 
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back