Apr 8, 2003 at 4:24 AM Post #76 of 2,274
i wanna pet your puppy bubba
smily_headphones1.gif

so i'll just pet my own puppy golden retriever and call it done
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 1:49 PM Post #81 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally posted by Guardian
wow! where is that from? where can i find more art like that?

Look for paintings by *Dorothea Tanning* and *Remedios Varo*, two of the greatest surrealist artists who ever lived (and who happened to be women). Tanning, who birthed Nachtmusik, was also the wife of the brilliant and ineradicable Max Ernst and is actually still alive. You can't imagine how many times I've dreamed of calling her up and begging for an interview.

Remedios Varo is the architect of beautiful neo-medieval labyrinths, whereas Tanning is the chronicler of of the secret life of Alice in Wonderland, which takes place in the Hotel of Alice Gone Wrong

Look for drawings and photographs by Hans Bellmer as well. He's a shadier cartographer of the world Tanning likes to visit: the whimsical but disquieting mental attic in which memories of adolescent innocence and eroticism ferment in Mason jars, darkening in a viscous solution that is two parts nostalgia and one part jaded voyeurism.

Apr 9, 2003 at 3:00 PM Post #82 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
(I think Windows may sync to an external clock of some sort).

Yes, by default it does.
If you bring up the clock and check out the "Internet time"
tab in date and properties you will see a box that says
"Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server".
Uncheck this and XP won't automatically change the clock on you.

Apr 9, 2003 at 4:53 PM Post #83 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally posted by Raven2k4
Nice desktops....but you all do reallize that the nice hi rez bitmaps, jpegs... eat up your video ram and slow down your machine (even with 64M+ of video ram).

not video ram. system ram.

not a problem since i have 1gb.
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 6:05 PM Post #84 of 2,274
All these pretty desktops inspired me to download Aston Shell. So far, I'm pretty damn happy with the results:

The toolbar on the left side is set to autohide, and I'm using the Mac Aqua skin. The pic's been resized.

desktop.jpg

BTW I'm on Windows 2000. Aston is a replacement for explorer.

Apr 9, 2003 at 7:43 PM Post #85 of 2,274
Here's mine, from WinXP. It's simple but I like it.

mik-desktop.jpg

Apr 9, 2003 at 10:38 PM Post #86 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally posted by scrypt
(descriptions of awesome surrealist artists of whom I had never heard of before)

Wow, thank you. I'll definitely be checking them out.

Apr 10, 2003 at 2:32 AM Post #87 of 2,274
heh Fiddler, Digitalblasphemy has some great wallpaper. Have you ever digned up for their member's gallery? I've wanted to but couldn't bring myself to do it.

Apr 10, 2003 at 3:08 AM Post #88 of 2,274
Capt, nah I haven't signed up, but he probably has some really nice stuff in his members gallery..

Apr 10, 2003 at 5:37 AM Post #89 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally posted by bralack42
May I recommend a website that may be up your alley: A collection of beautiful NES wallpapers. My favorite is the Mario Bros. one, which looks much like your background.

Sa-weeeeat!

It's retro-riffic!

Apr 10, 2003 at 6:34 AM Post #90 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally posted by bralack42

Litestep Skin: LSx6.2.
Background: Your Melody Your Song, by Jasinksi. My backgrounds randomly shuffle...

LiteStep RULEZ!!1!1

What module are you using to randomly shuffle your wallpaper and make it able to click on your desktop? Seems like a neat idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back