Post your computer specs!~
Feb 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #1,441 of 3,097

Quote:
Haha.. one of each. Well, the monitor comes in tomorrow. I'll be sure to let you guys know what I think of it.

Good luck. I did not mean that hte Samsung is bad, but I think there are better choices for the price and if you can, just exchange it. 

Reverse ghosting is when you see a trace of something as it moves across the screen.

Feb 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #1,442 of 3,097
The monitor came in. After tweaking some settings it's looking pretty good. The only real downside is the stand. It's kind of wobbly. But, I can sandwich it between my speakers and it doesn't wobble at all.

I'm definitely not going to get 2 more of these though. I'll use this until the 2012 monitors start rolling out and then sell it.

VA278Q

^I just heard about that one. The resolution is definitely appealing. I want to know how much it costs, what it's response time is, and to see some reviews claiming that it is awesome for gaming.

Feb 2, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #1,443 of 3,097

Quote:
The monitor came in. After tweaking some settings it's looking pretty good. The only real downside is the stand. It's kind of wobbly. But, I can sandwich it between my speakers and it doesn't wobble at all.

I'm definitely not going to get 2 more of these though. I'll use this until the 2012 monitors start rolling out and then sell it.

VA278Q

^I just heard about that one. The resolution is definitely appealing. I want to know how much it costs, what it's response time is, and to see some reviews claiming that it is awesome for gaming.

Good you're happy with the screen.

That new ASUS will be around 2x the cost of a full HD one, same as all those from Hazro and Dell.

Feb 3, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #1,444 of 3,097
Yeah. Hopefully it has a relatively low response time/input lag. I may want to go for one really nice screen instead of 3 screens due to me playing a lot of games on a system that can only support one screen anyway (the Xbox). We'll see though. This Samsung can hold me over until some new stuff comes out.

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #1,445 of 3,097

Quote:
Yeah. Hopefully it has a relatively low response time/input lag. I may want to go for one really nice screen instead of 3 screens due to me playing a lot of games on a system that can only support one screen anyway (the Xbox). We'll see though. This Samsung can hold me over until some new stuff comes out.

I will be waiting for a 'cheap' 2560x1440 monitor too. I hope this Asus can bring some changes to the current lineup and make competition a bit better and make prices drop a bit. I also hope it will fix the problems of other hi-resolution screens like the Dell one. If so, I will definitely be buying one sooner or later.

Feb 3, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #1,446 of 3,097
Check out the LG DM92. It could be a game changing monitor if it comes in at 1080P. Basically no bezel, so it'd be perfect for triple screen gaming. Plus, it's an IPS, so it'll look good too. Hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #1,448 of 3,097

Quote:
My monitor has started to die. It will go from a black screen to the source, to black again, several times after turning it on. It also sometimes does it just randomly during use.

I'm replacing it with one of these: Samsung S27A500H

Starting off with one, but will (likely) buy two more as soon as I have some more money.

Originally, I was planning on getting a Dell U2711, but I decided that going for triple monitors would be awesome. Besides, since I play PC as well as Xbox games, it makes sense to have a 1080P monitor. No stretching or black bars for me.

That's odd, my Hanns-G 281D from 2008 is starting to do the same thing. I'm thinking it could be a software issue, due to upgraded Catalyst drivers perhaps. In any case, I'm looking for a new monitor, the contrast and black levels are horrible on this thing. 

Do you think the Samsung S27A500H is a big improvement from the Hanns G one?

I was thinking about getting Samsung SA850 27" with PLS panel. It might be better to wait for new models to come out though.. Not sure, the price is still pretty high on this one, it ought to drop some soon I reckon. 

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #1,449 of 3,097
I wouldn't recommend the S27A550H. Mine has developed a serious defect within a few days of owning it. The colors are extremely whacked out and the contrast is crazy. No amount of tweaking of the settings will fix it. I've got an RMA and will ship it back to Newegg later today.

A friend of mine bought a S27A550H the same day I did and his now has 2 dead pixels. When he first got it it didn't have any.

It looked pretty good when I first got it, but not good enough. If the LG DM92 gets bad reviews then I am going to just say 'screw it' and get a Dell Ultrasharp.

Edit: The S27A550H also has a horrible stand. I like the idea, but it's just not stable enough. Just moving my mouse around would make the monitor wobble.

As for the Hanns-G 281D, it's not a software thing. Both my computer and my Xbox do the flashing black screen thing. It has to do with some poor quality caps. There are a lot of Google results of people fixing it by replacing the caps (the stock ones bulge out).

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #1,450 of 3,097
My Beauty, lol

I5 2500k @ 5.2
GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme SLI
2x2 Corsair Dominator
EVGA P67 FTW
Antec HCP 1200 custom sleeving
Custom water cooling for CPU and RAM (RAM just for looks, lmao)
Danger Den Tower 29 LDR

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #1,454 of 3,097
I received a nice Christmas gift from my best friend. He got me a System76 Bonobo Professional with these specifications:

Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit
Ubuntu One with free 5 GB of storage
17.3" Full HD LED Super Glossy Surface (1920 X 1080)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 580M with 2.0 GB GDDR5 Video Memory
2nd Generation Intel Core i7-2960XM Processor Extreme Edition (8 MB L3 Cache, 2.70 GHz)
32 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333 MHz (4 X 8 GB)
Dual 240 GB Intel 520 Cherryville SATA-III 6 GB/s Solid State Drives
8X DVD+/- R/RW 4X +DL Super-Multi Drive
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 802.11 A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module
Bonobo Pro extra Lithium Polymer battery
Standard Carrying Bag
3 year LTD. Warranty and 3 year Technical Support

It cost him almost $6,000.00 dollars. We've been friends for years. I am grateful to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back