Post your computer specs!~
Nov 18, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #976 of 3,098

Quote:
Quote:
Speaking of mice, do any of you have an opinion on the best-tracking mouse around?  I picked up a "Magic Mouse" at Best Buy and I hate it.  Doesn't track right with the blue tooth connection at all.  I was thinking to get a gaming mouse.  Photoshop is really annoying when the cursor doesn't track well.  Thanks for any tips

Some mice just don't get on with certain materials/mouse mats that others do, have you tried changing the surface?

Yeah I tried it on my current mouse pad and also on wood, and on my lap.  I currently have a kensington mouse and it works fine on this mousepad.  Though the pad is really old maybe I should get something high tech. 

I think it's a blue tooth issue because I read about others having similar problems.  Which I think is absurd.  I mean who cares about having a blue tooth mouse anyways, I just want it to track properly.  I will have to exchange it at Best Buy, so I guess I'll get whatever gaming mouse they recommend.  But I imagine, if their headphone selection is any way to judge, that they won't carry the best mice.

Nov 18, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #977 of 3,098

Quote:
Speaking of mice, do any of you have an opinion on the best-tracking mouse around?  I picked up a "Magic Mouse" at Best Buy and I hate it.  Doesn't track right with the blue tooth connection at all.  I was thinking to get a gaming mouse.  Photoshop is really annoying when the cursor doesn't track well.  Thanks for any tips

Any high sensitivity laser mouse should do. Something to seriously consider is a different mousepad as well. I've had my Steelseries I-2 for over a year and I'm still in love with it.

Nov 18, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #979 of 3,098

Quote:
I think it's a blue tooth issue because I read about others having similar problems.  Which I think is absurd.  I mean who cares about having a blue tooth mouse anyways, I just want it to track properly.  I will have to exchange it at Best Buy, so I guess I'll get whatever gaming mouse they recommend.  But I imagine, if their headphone selection is any way to judge, that they won't carry the best mice.

You'd be surprised. The local Best Buy's carry a pretty good selection of mice. They're a bit slow on getting stock of the newest ones, but there's usually a good selection of higher end mice from Logitech, Razer, and Steelseries.

Nov 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #980 of 3,098
It's not wide gamut (I wouldn't be doing colour critical work on it and I'm not a pro-anything!), but I will need to calibrate it as it's only 'good' out the box, but can be calibrated to excellency. A guy on OCUK is lending his Spyder 2 out to people because he's altruistic lol, I'm going to get in line.

The Corepad is more a 'deskpad' your keyboard goes on it too, see (different surface, same concept):
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8624/dscf1374q.jpg

Gives your arm something soft to rest on, and means there's no way you'll run off the sides of your mat! I think it looks smart generally too! No scratching your worktop surface either, and I think you can even stick it in the wash.

Just checking the Magic Mouse is okay for it. I know that the rails under the mouse can be pretty noisy with plastic mats, hence the desire to get a nice quality cloth one which should glide.

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #983 of 3,098

Quote:
Quote:

Any high sensitivity laser mouse should do. Something to seriously consider is a different mousepad as well. I've had my Steelseries I-2 for over a year and I'm still in love with it.

If the I-2 is what I think it is (the Steel Series branded Icemat (aka glass) ) I've tried using it with laser mouses and unfortunately they won't track on semi-frosted glass (at least none I used).

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #984 of 3,098
It can actually work with laser mice. I had a G7 that wouldn't work with it when it died so I RMA'd that and got a new replacement. The replacement worked just fine with the Icemat.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If the I-2 is what I think it is (the Steel Series branded Icemat (aka glass) ) I've tried using it with laser mouses and unfortunately they won't track on semi-frosted glass (at least none I used).

Nov 20, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #985 of 3,098
And you have absolutely no issue with it jumping around at all?  Which color icemat are you using?  My copperhead absolutely refuses to track glass mousepads without jumping all over.

Quote:
It can actually work with laser mice. I had a G7 that wouldn't work with it when it died so I RMA'd that and got a new replacement. The replacement worked just fine with the Icemat.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nov 20, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #986 of 3,098
With the original G7 if I was lucky it would jump around but most of the time it was as if I wasn't moving the mouse at all. With the newer G7, I had no issues whatsoever with my black icemat.

Nov 21, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #987 of 3,098
I would just suggest getting a high quality cloth pad; Talent, qck, etc. It'll also keep your mouse feet from deteriorating.

Nov 21, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #988 of 3,098
Went to a LAN yesterday and someone brought a pad by SteelSeries and some "grease" to decrease friction. He said the pad was aluminum, but it felt even lighter. Size was between the exactmat and destructor. Not quite as thin as the destructor, bit close. It was noticeably cold like the exactmat...maybe cooler. Surface wasn't perfectly smooth, but definitely not rough like destructor. Once the grease was applied and I got a chance to push his Xai around, I knew I'd found my new pad.

Ill post back when I get in touch with him and find out the name.

Nov 21, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #990 of 3,098

Quote:
Went to a LAN yesterday and someone brought a pad by SteelSeries and some "grease" to decrease friction. He said the pad was aluminum, but it felt even lighter. Size was between the exactmat and destructor. Not quite as thin as the destructor, bit close. It was noticeably cold like the exactmat...maybe cooler. Surface wasn't perfectly smooth, but definitely not rough like destructor. Once the grease was applied and I got a chance to push his Xai around, I knew I'd found my new pad.

Ill post back when I get in touch with him and find out the name.

SteelSeries SX is the name of that pad. I'm not sure if the grease that they supply for you to wipe for it messes with tracking when you swipe really fast though. A lot of users reported that way back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back