Post your computer specs!~
Jul 2, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #2,416 of 3,098
Lol I'm getting 4369 on my laptop on Cinebench R20. 1809 on Cinebench R15
Must be a Ryzen productivity chip? I'm scoring 2525 on my i7-8750H in performance mode, with voltage underclock. CPU settles at 3.5Ghz due to TDP limits, 70C fans quiet. I usually run it at 3.4 though. I'm using liquid metal TIM.

Jul 2, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #2,417 of 3,098
9Yreyia.jpg

Eluktronics Mech 15-G3

• core i7 10875H
  • RTX 2080 Super MaxQ
  • 64GB 2933Mhz RAM
  • 1 TB Samsung 970 Pro
  • 4 TB Sabrent Rocket
Also in the picture

• Abyss Diana V2
  • E1DA 9038S-G3 DAC
  • Samsung T5 2TB
  • Razer Atheris + Goliathus Mobile
  • 3x Asus MB16AMT

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #2,418 of 3,098
9Yreyia.jpg

Eluktronics Mech 15-G3

• core i7 10875H
  • RTX 2080 Super MaxQ
  • 64GB 2933Mhz RAM
  • 1 TB Samsung 970 Pro
  • 4 TB Sabrent Rocket
Also in the picture

• Abyss Diana V2
  • E1DA 9038S-G3 DAC
  • Samsung T5 2TB
  • Razer Atheris + Goliathus Mobile
  • 3x Asus MB16AMT
Interesting to see the 3X Asus MB16AMT. Are you on the go a lot? You don't use better quality monitors on a stationary docking system? Do you take those three monitors with you? How is the weight?

Did you purchase this system because you have to be mobile?

What made you choose that laptop?

Personally, if I were to do a laptop rig, I'd make sure it has minimum of two 4k 60hz outputs to quality monitors on a stationary docking rig. I'm not much of a gamer myself so I prefer monitors that are calibrated for color accuracy like Dell ultrasharps or BenQ IPS. I'd get minimum '27 4k monitors for a stationary rig. I've heard Dell uses BenQ panels for their high-end ultrasharp models.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #2,419 of 3,098
I'm guessing he does workflow on the monitor lot and games on primary. Sweet laptop but that score is still oddly high. Average for that chip is 3400

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #2,420 of 3,098
I found this computer quite interesting. I haven not seen a Windows PC this small that can run 4k (this is the big deal). Really tiny.

Ok. My Amazon Firestick is tinier and can run 4k (video streaming services) as well, but this is a Windows PC.

I was thinking, I can carry this tiny computer and a portable monitor.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #2,421 of 3,098
Interesting to see the 3X Asus MB16AMT. Are you on the go a lot? You don't use better quality monitors on a stationary docking system? Do you take those three monitors with you? How is the weight?

Did you purchase this system because you have to be mobile?

What made you choose that laptop?

Personally, if I were to do a laptop rig, I'd make sure it has minimum of two 4k 60hz outputs to quality monitors on a stationary docking rig. I'm not much of a gamer myself so I prefer monitors that are calibrated for color accuracy like Dell ultrasharps or BenQ IPS. I'd get minimum '27 4k monitors for a stationary rig. I've heard Dell uses BenQ panels for their high-end ultrasharp models.
Yes but can't travel nowadays so that sucks.
Weight is not too bad, I usually have them in the luggage.

This is my mobile workstation when I am on extended business trips.

The color accuracy of these panels is great imo and I don't need to be super color accurate for my work.

I'm guessing he does workflow on the monitor lot and games on primary. Sweet laptop but that score is still oddly high. Average for that chip is 3400

Most OEMs limit the power to around 45W for these mobile CPUs. Eluktronics removes the power limit in a certain profile so if you are not using the GPU, you can take full advantage of the 8 cores.

Jul 3, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #2,422 of 3,098
I found this computer quite interesting. I haven not seen a Windows PC this small that can run 4k (this is the big deal). Really tiny.

Ok. My Amazon Firestick is tinier and can run 4k (video streaming services) as well, but this is a Windows PC.

I was thinking, I can carry this tiny computer and a portable monitor.

Look into GPD devices

Jul 3, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #2,423 of 3,098

The color accuracy of these panels is great imo and I don't need to be super color accurate for my work.
Ok, that makes sense. You really can't carry a full '27 monitor with a stand. perhaps one day we can get some huge area size monitors to fit in the luggage. Perhaps a system that comes in a luggage that was made for it.

Jul 3, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #2,424 of 3,098

Most OEMs limit the power to around 45W for these mobile CPUs. Eluktronics removes the power limit in a certain profile so if you are not using the GPU, you can take full advantage of the 8 cores.

Yes, resulting in freq drop. What freq does it load at long duration? That score is still way over. That's approaching double what mine is. Unfortunately only if I disable discrete GPU which I didn't do during testing can I go over 45w.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #2,425 of 3,098
Ok, that makes sense. You really can't carry a full '27 monitor with a stand. perhaps one day we can get some huge area size monitors to fit in the luggage. Perhaps a system that comes in a luggage that was made for it.
LMAO!!! Before I had this, I carried 2x25" 1440p monitors + a core i9 9900K + RTX 2080Ti build in a Dancase A4 ITX case internationally. Honestly, I got tired of the bulk and decided to make a mobile setup. This setup gives 70-80% performance + 2 extra screens.

Yes, resulting in freq drop. What freq does it load at long duration? That score is still way over. That's approaching double what mine is. Unfortunately only if I disable discrete GPU which I didn't do during testing can I go over 45w.
That's the thing, it's supposed to not drop frequency. The cooling system on this laptop is better than the competition. It's also slightly thicker (0.1-0.2" thicker). It also comes undervolted by 70mV from the factory. If I am not using the dGPU, it will probably maintain frequency for a long time. I can switch over to 45W mode when I am gaming/using the dGPU. I don't even have to disable the GPU, just not use it at 100% load.

I got this today and I can probably give you more insight once I have done some super long tests.

Jul 3, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #2,426 of 3,098
Yes I'd love some insight. I heard their laptops are great and it seems so! How's your gaming temps? While I'll drool I don't see one of those in my future unless I score up a deal. $700 or less was my laptop budget so I'm pretty happy. Wish I had some RTX though DLSS is going to be sweet.

Jul 3, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #2,427 of 3,098
That's still very oddly high.

Have a 9900k @ 5 Ghz and it's hitting 5200 in R20, so hitting even 80% on a laptop is ridiculously good. The CPU's pulling 170W just by itself when I'm doing that!

Jul 3, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #2,428 of 3,098
So did some tests. What this company has done is have 3 modes - Office Mode, Gaming Mode and Beast Mode. In Office Mode, the Power Limit is set to 35W. In gaming mode, its set to 45W. In Beast Mode, they have said FU to the power limit and set it to something unnecessarily high(120W). In this mode, the CPU naturally thermal throttles and clocks down. In most laptops this happens even with power limit set to 45W.

The intended use case scenario - Office Mode when you need battery or silence, Gaming Mode when gaming and Beast Mode for CPU only usage.

I did a 15min stress test using AIDA64 and clocks settled in around 3.6-3.8Ghz all cores drawing in 60-70W. Immediately after the stress test and without letting the CPU cool, I did a R20 run and got ~3900. After a few minutes and cooling some more, I was again getting 4k+. The 4369 was under ideal conditions btw(cold boot).

In gaming mode, the CPU doesn't even break 75C KEKW.

The way they have achieved this is by having an open chassis. There's nothing underneath the keyboard, it's the motherboard directly. So if you spill something on your keyboard, the laptop will be deader than Batman's Parents.

Jul 3, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #2,429 of 3,098
Crazy design, and here I thought the bottom opening for airflow on my laptop was wild. Thanks for sharing all this info

Jul 3, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #2,430 of 3,098
LMAO!!! Before I had this, I carried 2x25" 1440p monitors + a core i9 9900K + RTX 2080Ti build in a Dancase A4 ITX case internationally. Honestly, I got tired of the bulk and decided to make a mobile setup. This setup gives 70-80% performance + 2 extra screens.
I was thinking you can get a TOTL Macbook Pro, and get one of these thunderbolt 3, 40Gbps bandwidth connected dedicated video card boxes. The Macbook Pro should be about to do dual 4k 60hz, and the video card box can carry a 2080RTX TI. And get the 2 of the largest monitors you can carry on the luggage.

I thought razor core with thunderbolt 3 to Macbook Pro would be good solution, but it seems a bit bulky. No doubt that it will provide the best graphics performance, but I wonder if your laptop can be comparable to something like a razor core hooked up to the laptop?

I think Nvidia can do better than razor core, and shrink that mother down and still provide comparable performance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back