POST YOUR COLLEGE! (Student or Alumni)
Mar 25, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #107 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My supervisor at my new job at the University of Minnesota said that generally speaking, a University's academic quality is inversely proportional to the quality of it's football team.

Then he let me know that UMN has a pretty lousy Football team.
smily_headphones1.gif

I remember reading, probably back in the 80s, that MIT had a team in every NCAA sport, except football.

RPI at one time held the record for most losses in a row. The 2 years I was there, they won 1 game.

Hockey is another matter. They had French Canadians who were minoring in French. I'm not really sure how they managed in the other courses because there went really any easy courses at the school. I did meet at least one hockey player that was majoring in engineering, so they weren't all there just to play hockey, just some of them
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #109 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My supervisor at my new job at the University of Minnesota said that generally speaking, a University's academic quality is inversely proportional to the quality of it's football team.

Then he let me know that UMN has a pretty lousy Football team.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow, I hope that isn't true because NU has an average football team. Next year we will be awesome since almost all of the team is returning!

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #110 of 310
State University of New York at Oswego - BA Music Performance

State University of New York at Stony Brook - BE Electrical Engineering (in progress)

Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense...
frown.gif
Yeah, I know...

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #111 of 310
Carnegie Mellon University

Cognitive Science + Human-Computer Interaction

I love my major (and I'm really glad I bailed on electrical engineering). The school itself... let's just say there are way too many socially awkward people here. We have a good ultimate frisbee team though. If I didn't have ultimate here, I probably would have left by now.

Mar 26, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #112 of 310
YELLOW! JACKETS! Fight, Win, Drink, Get Naked!

>.>

ChBE junior. I am considering law school, med school, grad school...oh hell why not all three?

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #114 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
State University of New York at Oswego - BA Music Performance

State University of New York at Stony Brook - BE Electrical Engineering (in progress)

Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense...
frown.gif
Yeah, I know...

hehe I know someone who got his B.A. in Philosophy and is now getting his M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with me
confused.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #120 of 310
Clarkson University, BS in Computer Science... I'm a junior now.

Not in any frats, but college has been great so far.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back