POST YOUR COLLEGE! (Student or Alumni)
Mar 26, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #121 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YELLOW! JACKETS! Fight, Win, Drink, Get Naked!

>.>

ChBE junior. I am considering law school, med school, grad school...oh hell why not all three?

Great to see a fellow JACKET! Of course I graduated in 1981.
eek.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #122 of 310
Albright College, Reading, PA - B.A. in Art/Communications. Yea, most folks have never heard of it. Lots of spirited beverage and mind altering chemicals makes it impossible for me to really say if I enjoyed this expensive ride.

MBA - University of Phoenix - lots of hard work and a big waste of money.

Mar 27, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #123 of 310
Stony Brook University - Information Systems Engineering =[

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #127 of 310
Another University of Durham (UK), University College (The Castle!), 1968-1971 (alumni obviously), joint honours sociology and economics (1st class), choral scholar and 1st 15 rugby.

The Shakespeare got most of my spending money in beer! Oh, that and the Union (best breakfasts for a hangover!)

Bizzel, you're going to love this place. I would go back in a heart beat. All the best!

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #128 of 310
God, how could I forget.....University of Chicago, Ph.D in Educational Research.

I was so excited about a University of Durham post, I forgot the agony and pain of going through interminable hoops for my doctoral studies!!!

Damn good football team at the U of C!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never heard of it?????

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #129 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My neighbor who is one of the brightest guys I've ever met, told me he has a DMA. I asked him what a DMA is and he said it's his "Doesn't Mean Anything" degree!

Your post reminds me of a story my wife tells that never fails to make me laugh. But first, let me just mention that there are many teachers in my family (my wife also) and I certainly agree with, and appreciate, your thoughts as previously posted in this thread.

Now, the story (and I'll tell you up front- this is better heard than read). My wife was once kidding her brother than the degree he was getting was worthless. My Italian mother-in-law was in the room and overheard this. She didn't quite understand the meaning of the words my wife was using, however, and later that day, she was heard on the phone, proudly proclaiming that her son was getting a "bogus degree" as if this was something desirable. (Now, you have to imagine, she was saying this like someone might say "he's getting a biology degree" or "he's getting an accounting degree", etc.)
biggrin.gif

Ahh...I love her, but sometimes I just have to laugh. This is the same woman who once asked another of her sons where his uniform was as he was graduating college. It took about a half hour to determine that she thought her son has spent the last 4 years going for a degree in martial arts rather than liberal arts, and she couldn't imagine how he had done this without a karate uniform...
tongue.gif

Anyway, to stay on topic with the "post your college/major" part:

PhDs in microbiology and molecular genetics from Rutgers and UMDNJ. Overall I loved the program, but got bored with my research. In fact, there was a period of about 2-3 years where I thought about just taking the MS and leaving. I am ultimately glad I stuck it out, though, as I landed an excellent pharmaceutical job after school and a PhD was a requirement.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #132 of 310
Oklahoma University, International Business + Russian Lit. Love the college and the second major, not so much the first : /

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #134 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My grandpa went to Cornell, wanted me to go there desperately!

Absolutely one of the most picturesque campuses in the country. Just gorgeous [pun intended].
eek.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #135 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My grandpa went to Cornell, wanted me to go there desperately!

Wow, that's funny, my Grandfather also went to Cornell, and also wanted me to go badly. But like you, I chose Northwestern instead
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back