Post the last thing you bought. Oh fun!
May 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #9,032 of 11,345
Quote:

Originally Posted by xwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Coca cola....

x2
cokecan.jpg

Couldn't stop falling asleep at work... this and a bagel pepped me right up!
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #9,034 of 11,345
211190112.jpg

May 26, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #9,036 of 11,345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tips anyone?

I'm mostly familiar with Camelbacks, but one of these may work if construction is the same. I'm assuming your bite valve's slit is fully cut open and the valve on it is open. Next, you may want to open/unzip the insulating cover bag and see if there's a kink in the hose. After that, see if you can blow into the hose any easier than sucking out of it. Finally, turn the bladder inside out and see if there are any bits of plastic blicking anything. Good luck.

May 26, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #9,038 of 11,345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm mostly familiar with Camelbacks, but one of these may work if construction is the same. I'm assuming your bite valve's slit is fully cut open and the valve on it is open. Next, you may want to open/unzip the insulating cover bag and see if there's a kink in the hose. After that, see if you can blow into the hose any easier than sucking out of it. Finally, turn the bladder inside out and see if there are any bits of plastic blicking anything. Good luck.

Yeah, it's not a Camelback, just had been thinking about getting one of the mid brands when I saw this one in a shop for £7.50... Thought i'd give it a shot.

The bite valve isn't a mechanical valve, but just a rub mouthpiece with a vertical slit that opens a little when bitten (normal? or is it because it is a cheapie?) The slit wasn't very big, so I have slit it bigger, and is now the length/depth of the mouthpiece if you see what I mean. When I remove the valve and open the tap the water flows out good, but it's less "handsfree" like that. I guess I could upgrade the valve to a nice right-angled one of the right diameter. Could always stretch it open with pliers to get it on like people here do with IEM tips I guess.

I think the biggest problem is the air issues... the tube isnt always full of water (due to physics I guess) so there is air in between the water, making it harder to suck through I think. I haven't tried it with the bigger slit, as it is currently filled with water and Bicarb soda to get rid of the plastic taste. Might be a bit better now though.

Any tips about air issues? I don't have much experience with these tbh, but I was expecting to be able to get a mouthful without issue.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back