Post the last thing you bought. Oh fun!
Jun 23, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #3,601 of 11,345
vornadofang4in.jpg

Jun 23, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #3,602 of 11,345
A bus card.
Cause its raining a lot today, so I decided to leave the bike at home.

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #3,604 of 11,345
@Fitz - How is the SOYO monitor, I have heard a lot of things about them getting tons of stuck pixels likely because it supposedly runs very hot.

Or are the current ones better than the ones 1-2 months ago which is when I last read up on them (assuming they had a new iteration)

Jun 24, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #3,607 of 11,345
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicallySilent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Fitz - How is the SOYO monitor, I have heard a lot of things about them getting tons of stuck pixels likely because it supposedly runs very hot.

Or are the current ones better than the ones 1-2 months ago which is when I last read up on them (assuming they had a new iteration)

It looks reeeeeally good. It does have one stuck pixel about 1/3 in from the bottom right corner, but it's impossible to actually see unless the screen is mostly black and you happen to catch it at just the right angle (it alternates between red, green, blue, and not visible, depending on the angle). Pretty much everything is a huge improvement over my old 19" Samsung LCD, especially color reproduction, with the only downside being the black level kinda sucks, but I think for $300 it'd be pretty hard to complain about it on this monitor.

I had no idea Soyo was making monitors before now. On a whim I was looking at the LCDs while I was in the store, planning to get my mother one to replace her dodgy 17" CRT monitor, but they didn't really have anything I liked for smaller sizes, so I decided I could upgrade mine and give her the one I was using before. Complete random decision with no research, just a cheap monitor that looked nicer than the other 24" ones they had, but I'm sure as hell happy with it.
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #3,611 of 11,345
Tapas, a bottle of water and a cappuccino.
Me and some colleagues went out for an external lunch today (out of our office building), since its closing in on summer vacation for all of us.

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #3,612 of 11,345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A tank of gas at $4.63 per gallon.
tongue.gif

Thats not bad at all!
smily_headphones1.gif

I filled up my VFR this morning and paid NOK 13.70 à liter. Which equals $10.07 à gallon.

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #3,613 of 11,345
Portable radio Sangean PR D5 and pocket tuner Sony SRFM 84 (said to be the best, i need to compare with my Sangean DT 110)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back