Post-Rock Thread
Sep 15, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #47 of 81
I probably listened to it about once or twice, and I never really got into it... I'm not against checking it out again. Does it have vocals? I think that's what turned me off the most.

Sep 15, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #48 of 81
12Twelve is very nice and I like Explosions In The Sky and A Silver Mt. Zion.
I also think World's End Girlfriend is sheer genius though I guess it doesn't really qualify as Post-Rock, it's in a class of it's own, never heard anything like it.

Sep 15, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #49 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I probably listened to it about once or twice, and I never really got into it... I'm not against checking it out again. Does it have vocals? I think that's what turned me off the most.

There are some heavily processed vocals on "Killing All the Flies", but that's it. Perhaps you have it confused with Mr. Beast?

Sep 15, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #50 of 81
The Mono/World's End Girlfriend split (Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain) is one of my top 5 post-rock albums... I guess I hadn't really considered getting more World's End Girlfriend albums though. Might just have to look into that.

Sep 15, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #51 of 81
The new Mogwai album seems rather uninteresting. They developed their approach again which I generally see as a good thing but it doesnt strike a chord. Also I think my interest in this genre is slowly fading. Im choosing more and more for happier vibes.

Sep 18, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #52 of 81
Mogwai never impresses me, they are quite boring. I highly recommend Daturah to those who have not check them out yet. Their first album is dreamy and the second album is epic.

Sep 18, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #53 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silwad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mogwai never impresses me, they are quite boring. I highly recommend Daturah to those who have not check them out yet. Their first album is dreamy and the second album is epic.

Do you mean Datura, or is there another band called Daturah.

If the former, then I agree. You'd also be the third person to have ever heard of them I've seen.

Sep 18, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #54 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean Datura, or is there another band called Daturah.

If the former, then I agree. You'd also be the third person to have ever heard of them I've seen.

No, there's another band called Daturah. Just with an H.
tongue_smile.gif

May 20, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #58 of 81
I am not too much of a fan of this genre. I prefer post-metal like ISIS, Rosetta etc.

Anyone checked out Long Distance Calling? Its nothing ground-breaking or new, but the melodies are good, dare I say catchy? Their albums seem to be quite well produced.

May 21, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #60 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been listening to a lot of Long Distance Calling lately, actually. Avoid the Light is a great, great album.

Actually, I heard about that band from your thread about Cloudkicker. Thanks for the recommendation. Good band to discover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back