Post punk/ New Wave discussion
Jun 5, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #31 of 84
Eagulls - Ullages. The whole album sounds like 80-82 Cure.  This is the finale "White Lie Lullabies"

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #32 of 84
L.A.'s Second Still, who debuted last year with S/T full length, have two EPs. Part Time Punks is live in studio, including a For Against cover. Think Siouxsie & the Banshees and Comsat Angels.

Speaking of For Against, there's 15 days left in their Pledge campaign for the 90s albums reissues, and are just at 64% of goal. I hate to see it fail!
https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/foragainst

Also good this year so far:

Shopping - The Official Body

Frigs - Basic Behavior

Preoccupations - New Material

EXEK - Ahead Of Two Thoughts

Neon Lights - A Slice Of Life

Coming soon:
Heads - Collider (May 4)

Iceage - Beyondless (May 4)
http://smarturl.it/Beyondless

LIINES - Stop-Start (May 4)

Wax Idols - Happy Ending (May 16)

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - Hope Downs (Jun 15)
https://rollingblackoutscoastalfever.bandcamp.com/

For those of you who remain unsatiated, here's 77 more from last year :)
http://fastnbulbous.com/lucky-17/#punk

Apr 19, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #34 of 84
F03D47D1-C48C-424B-9B9B-B19F5E351778.jpeg

Metal Box . Public Image Ltd.

Stalwarts of Post Punk and one of their best albums.

C1B5A18B-EAA3-4D08-B033-1547E61DC2A6.jpeg

Holy Wars . Tuxedomoon

Experimantal, weird, rewarding.

Apr 26, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #36 of 84
Also i love this thread. Bauhaus and Dead Can Dance... Haven't listened to those in years. Right now I'm rediscovering "In the flat field"
Not split hairs but I would definitely put Dead Can Dance in a different category.

If we are going to talk Bauhaus then you have to also mention Tones On Tale (Go!, etc.), Peter Murphy (Love Hysteria, Deep) and Love and Rockets (Seventh Dream of Teenage Heaven, Express and Earth Sun Moon).

Apr 26, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #37 of 84
A couple more I have seen mentioned:

• The Jesus and Mary Chain (Psychocandy, Darklands, Automatic)
  • The Church (Of Skins and Heart, Starfish)
  • Modern English (After The Snow)

Apr 26, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #38 of 84
KillingJokeKillingJoke2003.jpg

Killing Joke (2003) . Killing Joke

We had them before in the thread and this is one of their best albums. They tread the line between hard rock, post-punk and industrial rock nicely. And they don't care, whether their music might be disturbing at times. The designation (2003) is there, because it is their second self-titled album.

The Jesus and Mary Chain (Psychocandy, Darklands, Automatic)

Psychocandy, I love the album. There is also a great live version recorded at Barrowlands.

Last edited:
May 7, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #39 of 84
Fad Gadget, or anything of that early Mute sound.
Lo-fi, cold, dark, borderline industrial.

(there's also an excellent BBC documentary on this period in music, available on YouTube, called Synth Britannia)

Dedicated to you,I used this song all the time in my first DJ Set 1980-81

I am very pleased to read your contributions and I would like to greet all of you fans of post punk new wave music I was in my twenties (now I am 59) when this musical genre was around I followed it for about five years I own several vinyl records from that era (1980-1985) both 12" singles, EPs, extended versions etc. and CDs and I have seen many concerts especially when I lived in London for about a year in that period. I am very pleased to read the your interventions and I wish you good continuation I have been listening to electronic music for many years now.

Franco,Milan Italy

May 15, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #40 of 84
Don't Fall Asleep . Haunt Me.png

Don’t Fall Asleep . Haunt Me

This is from 2022. Nice to see some decent post-punk / darkwave music still being released. Haunt Me don’t break new ground here, but update very audible influences from the classics with a modern sound. Enjoyable and danceable! :L3000:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back