Post pictures of your setup!
Jul 14, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #106 of 341
Haha, I laughed when I saw that console/controller/computer setup up there and I just thought of this picture:

1024.jpg

Heh, PWNED///hahaha, my friend was like "this is my new stereo" and I was like "MWAHAHAHA!" anyway, only the JBLs are actually attached, I doubt my amp could handle that freaking insane load, haha. Oh, and btw since my stereo's downstairs right now in my "movie setup" I just have this huge pile of crap right where the stereo/left speaker was and my new monitor (seen in pic at top) is where the right was...ahaha

And here's the movie setup, it rocks...my 10" sub actually makes my sofa vibrate, which is quite an acheivement considering it's a 86dB sub in a sealed box!

movie.jpg

Jul 21, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #107 of 341
My corner of bliss:

Sorry for the bad photo, bad light and all...

Jul 22, 2005 at 4:17 AM Post #108 of 341
Man, I have stepped into the wrong d*** hobby!

Currently rebuilding the home stereo. Have some 2 Pi Towers in the works to replace the Polk5b's, got a Nelson Audio SE8 tube amp in transit as I type, replaced the Carver reciever with a vintage Kenwood 6100 int. amp and Kt5500 tuner. Got a nice TT deck and line stage spied for the fall. Now all I need to do is replace the Realistic CD-2300 that's 20 years old. Actually, I've been through several CD players and always go back to this cheap one.

Now I've got some new Akg 240S's, KSC75's, CMOY, 2 more CMOY's in the works, a Millet Hybrid in the works, and I need to get an iPod or something----where does it end?

Jul 22, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #110 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILUVIPODS
How can you guys afford all this stuff?

It's easier when you live off peanut butter and ramen. J/k, don't try that!

It's all about priorities. These people set a higher priority to have a certain percentage of their paycheck go toward audio equipment.

Jul 22, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #111 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILUVIPODS
How can you guys afford all this stuff?

Get a cheap place. Drive a mid-priced car. Live like a king
icon10.gif

Jul 22, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #113 of 341
(It's easier when you live off peanut butter and ramen. J/k, don't try that!)

Are you kidding! We used to live off oatmeal and ramen. People would come over and the only thing was frozen $.50 pizzas, oatmeal, ramen, and beer. But our stereo kicked butt, so it was the place to be.

Jul 22, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #114 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blooze
(It's easier when you live off peanut butter and ramen. J/k, don't try that!)

Are you kidding! We used to live off oatmeal and ramen. People would come over and the only thing was frozen $.50 pizzas, oatmeal, ramen, and beer. But our stereo kicked butt, so it was the place to be.

Beer? Doesn't that tend to be on the more expensive side of the fence? (compared to 50 cent pizzas, i mean really)

Jul 22, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #115 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Beer? Doesn't that tend to be on the more expensive side of the fence? (compared to 50 cent pizzas, i mean really)

Not Steel Reserve, Milwaukee's Best, Pabst, Busch Ice and Colt45!
icon10.gif

<3 my Steel Reserve

Jul 22, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #117 of 341
I suddenly feel poor
frown.gif

And all the HD650s make me feel inadequate with my HD600s in the mail
frown.gif

Oh to be a poor college student.

I could post pics of my setup when my HD600s arrive but they wouldn't be too nice since most of my stuff is back on campus. Oh well, another month and I shall contribute, even if I have to bring this thread back from the dead!

(I would've won the random computer hardware award just 3 months ago but I've since sold my desktop so I'm only left with laptops)

BTW, where do you guys buy your headphone stands? Could I just hit up Target or Bed Bath and Beyond for something that looks like it would do the trick? I suppose I'd want something that had a flat hanger so it wouldn't form a crevice in the headband?

Jul 23, 2005 at 9:48 PM Post #120 of 341
Quote:

Originally Posted by daba
Good eye! It's a great case.

yeah, and it cost almsot as much as ur hd600
icon10.gif
im still trying to justify spending that much money on a casing despite however freaking pwnage it is
tongue.gif
(and yes.....it pwns almost every casing out there, u know that
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back