Post pictures of your setup!
Feb 23, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #288 of 341
Awesome, I'm now working on a setup with a marantz receiver and looking at snall klipsch speakers for the main floor speakers for now, too bad it doesn't have a optical audio out for my Schiit
Love it. The Vali mates very well w/my HD580s. The wyrd is providing power to my CIAudio DAC w/seemingly improved results. :-}

Feb 23, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #289 of 341
Awesome, I'm now working on a setup with a marantz receiver and looking at snall klipsch speakers for the main floor speakers for now, too bad it doesn't have a optical audio out for my Schiit

Yeah it can be hard to find the components your're after and then matching inputs and outputs. Good luck and post pics.

Feb 23, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #290 of 341
Thanks, yesterday I went back and forth comparing the Schiit to the headphone jack on the Marantz, and Schiit is better, the Marantz sounded more "back" and kinda was weak, but then Schiit was more full and "space" with detail, that's a $600 difference haha,
Yeah it can be hard to find the components your're after and then matching inputs and outputs. Good luck and post pics.

Feb 23, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #291 of 341
Thanks, yesterday I went back and forth comparing the Schiit to the headphone jack on the Marantz, and Schiit is better, the Marantz sounded more "back" and kinda was weak, but then Schiit was more full and "space" with detail, that's a $600 difference haha,

The Vali truly is an exceptional piece of kit. However, I found that because of the tubed input stage, it does not mate well electrically w/low impedence/high sensitivity cans(Grado, AKG etc...) Too much tube noise and way too sensitive w/volume adjustment. Hence my 300 ohm Sennheisers sound better w/out the background noise. I think any phones between 300-600 ohms (senns, beyers etc...) are the way to go w/this amp. Wish they had an adjustable gain switch on it. With my Grados and AKGs It's just unbearable. Good luck again bro.

Feb 23, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #292 of 341
Great, I'm stuck with using earbuds, I have the klipsch s3 right now, have you ever heard of the Shurese846? There $1k but I'm not sure if there worth that (I might save up for them)
I just created my profile today so if I'm posting the wrong way or something sorry
The Vali truly is an exceptional piece of kit. However, I found that because of the tubed input stage, it does not mate well electrically w/low impedence/high sensitivity cans(Grado, AKG etc...) Too much tube noise and way too sensitive w/volume adjustment. Hence my 300 ohm Sennheisers sound better w/out the background noise. I think any phones between 300-600 ohms (senns, beyers etc...) are the way to go w/this amp. Wish they had an adjustable gain switch on it. With my Grados and AKGs It's just unbearable. Good luck again bro.

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #293 of 341
Great, I'm stuck with using earbuds, I have the klipsch s3 right now, have you ever heard of the Shurese846? There $1k but I'm not sure if there worth that (I might save up for them)
I just created my profile today so if I'm posting the wrong way or something sorry
Haha. I am new to headfi too. Signed up last month. I have not heard of that Shure model. A great set of phones w/ high impedences are the sennheisers or beyerdynamics. Like I said anything over 300 ohms seems to work great w/Vali. Unlike loudspeakers, there seems to be this massive range of input impedences (30-600ohms) w/headphones. Your Klipsch iems are great for portable rigs but not so good w/high powered desk top amps. 99% of loudspeakers are 4 and 8 ohms. Look inot the sennheiser HD 650 and beyerdynamic T90. My next purchase is the T90s, hopefully soon.

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #294 of 341
Ok, I just looked those up but it went to actual speakers, again yea I'm stuck with IEMs, I was going to get klipsch earbuds again but I heard that they're actually bad at earbuds. I was then looking at the IE800 But for $600 you don't get allot of customizing like the Shure se846. I have the Magni and Modi not Vali, I'm also looking at the Bifrost for my av receiver but then I'm not sure when I would get that. 1st I guess better speakers for my Marantz then possibly more "Schiit" then the se846
Haha. I am new to headfi too. Signed up last month. I have not heard of that Shure model. A great set of phones w/ high impedences are the sennheisers or beyerdynamics. Like I said anything over 300 ohms seems to work great w/Vali. Unlike loudspeakers, there seems to be this massive range of input impedences (30-600ohms) w/headphones. Your Klipsch iems are great for portable rigs but not so good w/high powered desk top amps. 99% of loudspeakers are 4 and 8 ohms. Look inot the sennheiser HD 650 and beyerdynamic T90. My next purchase is the T90s, hopefully soon.

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #295 of 341
Ok, I just looked those up but it went to actual speakers, again yea I'm stuck with IEMs, I was going to get klipsch earbuds again but I heard that they're actually bad at earbuds. I was then looking at the IE800 But for $600 you don't get allot of customizing like the Shure se846. I have the Magni and Modi not Vali, I'm also looking at the Bifrost for my av receiver but then I'm not sure when I would get that. 1st I guess better speakers for my Marantz then possibly more "Schiit" then the se846
K then your magni is super quiet-shouldn't be an issue w/noise then. Personally Klipsch I think you can do better than they're speakers and phones. I've been in home audio nearly 20 years and have heard few good thing from them. Plenty of good finds on Audiogon.

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #296 of 341
Ok, Im also looking at "Polk Audio" speakers, there less and seem to be made better with what you get with materials.
K then your magni is super quiet-shouldn't be an issue w/noise then. Personally Klipsch I think you can do better than they're speakers and phones. I've been in home audio nearly 20 years and have heard few good thing from them. Plenty of good finds on Audiogon.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #297 of 341
Ok, Im also looking at "Polk Audio" speakers, there less and seem to be made better with what you get with materials.
Look at B&W. They have some great speakers. Look at the 600 series. I own the CM5s. I've owned probably 4 different pairs of B&Ws - can't go wrong.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #298 of 341
Ok, I just looked up the B&W and those are a bit over my budget, my dad keeps on ensisting on klipsch but I think I'll go with Polk speakers. Allot less and there seems to be more quality for the price
Look at B&W. They have some great speakers. Look at the 600 series. I own the CM5s. I've owned probably 4 different pairs of B&Ws - can't go wrong.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #299 of 341
Ok, I just looked up the B&W and those are a bit over my budget, my dad keeps on ensisting on klipsch but I think I'll go with Polk speakers. Allot less and there seems to be more quality for the price
I agree-polk are a step up. Klipsch was a big name 30-40 years ago.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #300 of 341

I agree-polk are a step up. Klipsch was a big name 30-40 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back