Post Pictures of Your Instrument and more!
May 22, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #91 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

What's the point of buying something so expensive? If I had something that expensive, I'd be scared to touch it in case I damaged it somehow.
rolleyes.gif

A lot of really famous violinists like James Ehnes can't even afford these strads and guaneri violins... Really rich organizations "loan" the violin for him to play.

May 22, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #92 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Hey that's great! I see you love playing music too! I actually have an organ at home, but it doesn't have pipes. It's my dad's

What kind of organ? (Allen or Rodgers? haha) Looks nice! I'd love to see the stoplist. Anytime you see an organ with an AGO pedalboard, you know it can't be that bad.

I just played my church's organ tonight, though. It was very nice. The stop labeled "Harmonic Flute" is actually a Flauto Traverso, and it's such a nice stop along with the Stopped Diapason there in the swell also. The great's trumpets are not working too hot, though. They had water damage a while back and they're out of commission, need to be cleaned and put on a new chest.

May 22, 2006 at 11:14 AM Post #93 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
What kind of organ? (Allen or Rodgers? haha) Looks nice! I'd love to see the stoplist. Anytime you see an organ with an AGO pedalboard, you know it can't be that bad.

I just played my church's organ tonight, though. It was very nice. The stop labeled "Harmonic Flute" is actually a Flauto Traverso, and it's such a nice stop along with the Stopped Diapason there in the swell also. The great's trumpets are not working too hot, though. They had water damage a while back and they're out of commission, need to be cleaned and put on a new chest.

It's a Rodgers Trillium 790 organ w/MX200 Sound Module,SW 7.5a subwoofer, FR 1.7LXa speakers. It was bought a few years back. My dad compiled a stoplist and memory settings a while ago, but I dont' have access to it now. Neither can I find the stoplist on the internet.

Aug 14, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #97 of 597
BUMPING this thread...with an instrument case. Strictly speaking, it's off-topic, but oh well. Shoot me
tongue.gif

2006 Musafia Luxury Classic

Fine, here's an instrument: J.B. Vuillaume, Paris 1823. It's not mine though
tongue.gif
(Image rights go to Cozio.com. Used without permission):

Sep 4, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #98 of 597
I was searching through some reeeeaaally old MP3s in my archives today and found this recording of myself playing (brace yourselves) the awful theme to the movie Titanic. Yes, it's the Celine Dion song, but a girl I knew was really into the song and begged me for my violin rendition of it. So you guys have been warned! (the backing instrumentation is a MIDI version I scored up)

http://www.planetdescent.com/lyris/heart.zip (3.8 MB, please download sparingly)

Sep 4, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #101 of 597
My Samuel Shen violin:
IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

I use the top wood bow most of the time; unknown maker. I got the carbon fiber one from Shar for a backup. The hairs break really easy on it though.

Sep 4, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #102 of 597
Excellent stuff.
bperboy:
How does a carbon fibre bow play? I've never tried one. Why do you prefer your wood one?

Sep 4, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #104 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
BUMPING this thread...with an instrument case. Strictly speaking, it's off-topic, but oh well. Shoot me
tongue.gif

2006 Musafia Luxury Classic

Marvelous. Is the Musafia case yours? Friend's? Planned? (I don't see your instrument/bow in it...) Cost?

Is the Vuillaume anything like what Hilary Hahn plays?

BTW - your bow looks pretty for a modest "POS".

Sep 4, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #105 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Marvelous. Is the Musafia case yours? Friend's? Planned? (I don't see your instrument/bow in it...) Cost?

Yup. That's my new violin case. It cost around $600. I ordered it three months ago and I only just got it a while ago because they're all hand assembled in Cremona, Italy.

This is my violin. The lighting was a bit weird and insufficient, so my point-and-shoot failed to deliver a better picture.

Quote:

Is the Vuillaume anything like what Hilary Hahn plays?

I'm not actually sure what Hilary Hahn plays on but I wouldn't be surprised if she plays on a Vuillaume though. Actually, it's possible that Vuillaumes are not good enough for her anymore. Her violin is probably more in the $400,000-900,000 range. Vuillaumes are rarely worth more than $200,000-300,000.

Quote:

BTW - your bow looks pretty for a modest "POS".

Hehe. Cheap, but serves its purpose. I can't justify spending a large amount on a good bow, say $4-6k. My $400 bow is good enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back