post pics of your modded headphones (any)
Jan 26, 2011 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

ferbol

New Head-Fier
yea..the title says it... share pics of your modded headphones...it can be full size, on ear or IEMs....it can be any mod....from padding change to anything...just anything...

ive started modding my crappy headphones before i buy the new ones...and they got way better....so now im more into modding...thus id love to see mods of your headphones 
biggrin.gif

pardon if this kind of thread was already created...just couldn't find one...so i decided to create one...

Thank you all... happy posting of ur mods :D :D

Ferb

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #2 of 31
Grado SR125 Before:

After Internal mods, eliminating the screen and logo and doing a custom grill..sorta

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #3 of 31

Quote:
Grado SR125 Before:

After Internal mods, eliminating the screen and logo and doing a custom grill..sorta

interesting mod, did the finer mesh/grille dampen the sound by any bit? more bass, less treble perhaps?

Jan 26, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 31
The mod was done by taking the grill screen and button (all removed in one piece when I opened the shells) and placing them back in their original position but with a thin layer of foam you see in the pic.
So whats happened is a small chamber between the driver and the screen/grill/foam was formed and the low end tightened up but they still retain the open airy sound that is the Grado sound. So I now have the low end, tight dynamic bass of a conventional closed earphone but still get the great open sound mids to highs. They are very easy to listen to, no fatigue, go solid bass but not over done and smooth mids and highs. It was to be a temporary mod, just putting the removed plastic grill and logo button behind the foam to make it rigid and taught. These will stay this way now---its amazing how good they sound, I totally lucked into it.

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #6 of 31
Senn HD555 with HD595 mods.
Foam strip removed from rear of drivers and rear inner grill and cloth removed.
Pic was taken with a flashlight shining through the driver.
The openess and soundstage of these cans is vastly improved.
Not bad for a cheap $70 set of cans.

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #7 of 31
it would be cool if you could somehow do a light mod that makes the headphones look lit up when you're wearing them.

Jan 28, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #11 of 31
Here is one of my favorites and it's very simple. It changes a supra-aural headphone to circumaural. I took the extremely comfortable Maxell DHP-II memory foam pads and put them on the DT-235 (which is a very good headphone for the price).
It's now the most comfortable portable headphone there is. No clamping force at all and the pads are a PERFECT fit. It'd look much cooler if I was sent the black version. Oh well:

Here is another that made a HUGE difference in the sound quality. Even more so than modding a grado SR-80 (without changing the shells).
I found the Koss UR-55 has a very slightly muffled sound at times, but not too badly. It's caused by the grill and fabric. I removed this and it makes the sound much better.
I don't suggest people try this since it's hard to reverse. Now if only someone could find a replacement pad for these. $50 headphones are usually junk, but these are pretty good when modded.
Bass does get reduced a bit with the mod. BTW I compared the modded version with the non-modded version. I have two pairs. Soundstage on these is quite impressive for a $50 headphone!
They even have a lot of detail and can even pick up recording hiss. Very few cheap headphones can. I think it'd make a good ultra-cheap gaming headphone.

Jan 29, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #13 of 31
hey guys!! guess what! I Made a custom sleeve for my IEM!! it is so awesome i dont want to remove it from my ears!! im so excited!! it was all for 50cent and 10 mins!!!! tomorrow ill post pics of it...maybe ill also post the tutorial for it if yall want :D

Jan 30, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #14 of 31
here they are... the fit is awesome...but imma make more...in mdifferent colors :D

the back part of th sleeve

The left part...i mis-labeled it :p

the right part...

the sleeve on my ear...fits snugly...

sorry for the bad quality guys...i just wasnt feeling like taking out the good camera and take pics and transfer thm using the data cable....rather i took pic with my crappy phone and transfered the pics through infrared :D

tell me if u like them....and tell me if you want the tutorial for it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back