Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Aug 7, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #2,581 of 4,134
Quote:
Aha, thanks.
I ordered a semi decent o2+odac setup to start me off while I wait for my local GT in mid august to try out potential amps

"semi-decent" he says... 

I'm gonna start building esoteric amps as well. Really heavy ones with impressive case design. People like you are gonna finance my new car. 
wink_face.gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #2,582 of 4,134
"semi-decent" he says... 

I'm gonna start building esoteric amps as well. Really heavy ones with impressive case design. People like you are gonna finance my new car. :wink_face:
The O2 is basically the amp they throw in the DAC1 to make people happy after they already bought a high end DAC. I don't get why it's getting the praise it seems to have garnered. It's not particularly powerful, it is just accurate (once again, the reason something quite similar was thrown in with a very accurate DAC)

Anyway... why stop at Esoteric's boring silver faced amps. We're all building these next :veryevil:

image004.jpg

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #2,583 of 4,134
Quote:
The O2 is basically the amp they throw in the DAC1 to make people happy after they already bought a high end DAC. I don't get why it's getting the praise it seems to have garnered. 

It's performance can be DIY'ed for $50. That's praiseworthy in my opinion. It's more than "semi-decent". It's at least decent
wink_face.gif

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #2,587 of 4,134
So it wasn't my purchase, but it was my girlfriends gift for our 5th year. Vinyl anniversary :wink:

She got me this...

...and I got her the RSD pressing of Search and Destroy. Both semi punk I suppose.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #2,588 of 4,134
Last week I got these Magnum V4s and as much as I like the look,they can't compete with my LCD2s.

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #2,589 of 4,134
Just bough these beauties, 

Northern Electric 4045-C amplifiers.  They use 6L6 and 5U4 as the rectifier.  Interesting thing about them is that they have no output tubes, so I take the speaker out from my McCurdy (now used as an interstage amplifier with these) convert it to RCA and plug that into these.  It is pretty wonderful.

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #2,590 of 4,134
hmm, I'll be posting lots of pictures this week... for now, these (both the hp and the stand):
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #2,593 of 4,134
I bought this stack of music in the past few weeks - there are some significantly awesome musical performances on those discs! I've mainly been listening to the jazz and fusion discs. If you like that music, there's a group/album called 'Human Element' (2nd from top) that sound just like Weather Report and are very impressive IMO. 'Some Girls' and 'PSP Live' are my other faves of the ones I've listened to so far.

I'm very grateful for the awesome selection at my local record store. :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back