Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Mar 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #2,252 of 4,134

Quote:
Nice bike monyttaaholane. Single speed ftw
tongue_smile.gif

My latest purchase.. Wallet is pretty much empty now. **** head-fi and audio!
angry_face.gif
But sounds goood.

Next purchase going to be some 6,5-8" sub with them when I rob the bank again. Sounds surprisingly full without a sub though.

Very nice. I was looking at those, but decided to go with the Audioengine A2s because of the price. Hopefully they're not disappointing, cause I know the Genelecs are great, but I didn't want to spend that much.

Mar 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #2,253 of 4,134

Quote:
Very nice. I was looking at those, but decided to go with the Audioengine A2s because of the price. Hopefully they're not disappointing, cause I know the Genelecs are great, but I didn't want to spend that much.

I think Audioengines are great too, especially for the price. One of the reasons why I bought these is that I got a great discount on them. Around 100$ off the list price.

It's just sad that a lot of studio monitors don't have protection grills on them, that really narrowed my selection down alot..

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #2,255 of 4,134
Next purchase going to be some 6,5-8" sub with them when I rob the bank again. Sounds surprisingly full without a sub though.

Or, sell the smaller Genelecs and take a step up the ladder and get the 8040 :wink: I too found the 6010A to very much not need a subwoofer, at least in comparison to A2 and the such. They are really something, I've no idea how they make them so good, haha.

Mar 26, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #2,257 of 4,134
Those MMGs are really calling to me... hard to keep from getting some, even though I'm a little lacking in the space department here. Still questioning whether or not I have the power to push them to their potential though.

Mar 26, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #2,258 of 4,134

Quote:
Those MMGs are really calling to me... hard to keep from getting some, even though I'm a little lacking in the space department here. Still questioning whether or not I have the power to push them to their potential though.

Oh god me too, i dont think ive commented on them(having been commenting much lately) but by god, i be perfectly okay working a crap job with way to many hours if it got me to affording a nice pair of electrostats.  
They have a really strong draw.

Mar 26, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #2,259 of 4,134

Quote:
Or, sell the smaller Genelecs and take a step up the ladder and get the 8040
wink.gif
I too found the 6010A to very much not need a subwoofer, at least in comparison to A2 and the such. They are really something, I've no idea how they make them so good, haha.

Yeah, I would love to have 8040's or Focal CMS65's, but they are only ~1000€ out of my budget.
deadhorse.gif

Also a bit too big for my small room. Earlier had Behringer B2030's and no matter where I tried to place them, the bass was too boomy. Now i'm fine with -6dB bass setting on the 6010's.

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #2,260 of 4,134
Also a bit too big for my small room. Earlier had Behringer B2030's and no matter where I tried to place them, the bass was too boomy. Now i'm fine with -6dB bass setting on the 6010's.

That is curious, my friend had the B2030A in her home where she produced some trance music, and both her mixes and the usual stuff we both listen to sounded great, even though both speakers were only 15cm away from side and rear walls!

But I can see your point, as my B3031A sound nice, they're not nearly as good as they were further apart with speaker stands. I miss having a big room, but such is life in a dorm. I would get the 6010A if they had XLR inputs, I intend to remain balanced. Thanks for your input!

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #2,261 of 4,134
Oh god me too, i dont think ive commented on them(having been commenting much lately) but by god, i be perfectly okay working a crap job with way to many hours if it got me to affording a nice pair of electrostats.  
They have a really strong draw.

I do want to try a set of Martin Logans eventually but I'm going to push these MMGs to push these MMGs to the limit before I worry about that.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #2,262 of 4,134

Quote:
That is curious, my friend had the B2030A in her home where she produced some trance music, and both her mixes and the usual stuff we both listen to sounded great, even though both speakers were only 15cm away from side and rear walls!
But I can see your point, as my B3031A sound nice, they're not nearly as good as they were further apart with speaker stands. I miss having a big room, but such is life in a dorm. I would get the 6010A if they had XLR inputs, I intend to remain balanced. Thanks for your input!

I must add that, my Behringers were the passive version B2030P (which I think could sound worse than the active, due to passive crossover etc, but idk..) and they had no room compensation switches, so that's one big reason why they didn't work so well in my room.

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #2,263 of 4,134

Quote:
I do want to try a set of Martin Logans eventually but I'm going to push these MMGs to push these MMGs to the limit before I worry about that.

Ya, but i doubt the MMGs are too far behind the ML's and, well, they still have that amazing electrostat sound.

Edit: Just realized(duh) that MMG's are not electrostats but planars(duh), well i think even a pair of MMG's would satisfy my electrostat lust temporarily. 

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #2,264 of 4,134

Ya, but i doubt the MMGs are too far behind the ML's and, well, they still have that amazing electrostat sound.

Edit: Just realized(duh) that MMG's are not electrostats but planars(duh), well i think even a pair of MMG's would satisfy my electrostat lust temporarily. 

That's why I was a bit confused. You're not the first don't worry. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back