Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Feb 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #2,137 of 4,134
it's rosewood, they sound awesome, finally I found speakers for life
biggrin.gif

Feb 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #2,138 of 4,134

Gotta say...Rosewood is my favorite. I'd like to get everything to match black and rose once I get everything together.

Now I'm imagining my (upcoming) MMGs with a Rosewood Magnestand. Mmmm...

Quote:

Bought these Harbeth S5HL to replace my spendor A6 speakers, which I didn't like much.. Absolutely love these :)

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #2,141 of 4,134

New 'phone'. It's my first Android device (though I'm familiar with the OS). It's huge and impractical as an actual phone, but it does everything else brilliantly. The screen is huge and gorgeous (5.3"), and the stylus makes taking small notes a breeze. I really like it because I browse and post on Head-fi a lot on my phone, and I don't have to zoom to see it anymore. Upgraded from an iPhone 4.

Oh, and the LF came in (and by came in I mean I went and got it from Alex). Love it love it love it.

Mar 3, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #2,143 of 4,134
Quote:

New 'phone'. It's my first Android device (though I'm familiar with the OS). It's huge and impractical as an actual phone, but it does everything else brilliantly. The screen is huge and gorgeous (5.3"), and the stylus makes taking small notes a breeze. I really like it because I browse and post on Head-fi a lot on my phone, and I don't have to zoom to see it anymore. Upgraded from an iPhone 4.

I can't wait till Verizon gets this in the form of the Galaxy Journal. I don't have a smartphone; I've been getting by with the Microsoft/Sharp Kin 2m, which is great as a dumb phone. It's basically just a weakened Windows Phonw 7 device without programs, but the Audio quality is pretty good in Zune player.

I find it funny that the Note is being advertised as something that hasn't been done before when resistive touchscreen winmo phones generally always wrote well. Before that Palm pilots wrote like a charm. None of these devices recognized touch very well though. It's funny that Samsung is bringing back stylus use. My main question is; does the screen also properly recognize finger touch?  I've heard that although the screen is capacitive, the stylus doesn't operate on other capacitive touchscreens. I wonder how Samsung did it.

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #2,145 of 4,134
Finger use is a bit less precise than my iPhone. It annoyed me for all of 5 minutes and then I got used to it. That's one of the only complaints I have with it. 

I thought it was funny as well when I realized they were pretty much just bringing back the palm pilot. I'm okay with that though. I can see myself using the stylus to take quick notes at work, and the Google integration (ala Android) is something I can really get behind. I liked Apple's closed system, but I like Android's more open one, too.

The pen also has some button features. For example, if you hold the button and then tap the screen is screen caps it and lets you write notes on the screen cap. Pretty nifty features. I think I'm really going to like it. I do fear dropping it because it's so big though, so I've got it covered (insurance) until I can get used to that.

EDIT: Here's a picture from the 8mp camera. Very similar to the 4S and a major step up from the 4.

Quote:
Quote:

I can't wait till Verizon gets this in the form of the Galaxy Journal. I don't have a smartphone; I've been getting by with the Microsoft/Sharp Kin 2m, which is great as a dumb phone. It's basically just a weakened Windows Phonw 7 device without programs, but the Audio quality is pretty good in Zune player.

I find it funny that the Note is being advertised as something that hasn't been done before when resistive touchscreen winmo phones generally always wrote well. Before that Palm pilots wrote like a charm. None of these devices recognized touch very well though. It's funny that Samsung is bringing back stylus use. My main question is; does the screen also properly recognize finger touch?  I've heard that although the screen is capacitive, the stylus doesn't operate on other capacitive touchscreens. I wonder how Samsung did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back