Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Aug 14, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #1,231 of 4,134

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words, everyone.

If not for monetary constraints, I'd still be in the market for an e-reader. How's the Nook? Is the e-ink screen really that good in direct sunlight?

Here is a pic I took on my back porch one afternoon....you can see the shadow on the left side.

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #1,232 of 4,134
blink.gif
 So it is that good. How's the scrolling (choppy or smooth)? I had issues scrolling with the Nook Color on display in Best Buy.

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #1,233 of 4,134

Quote:
blink.gif
 So it is that good. How's the scrolling (choppy or smooth)? I had issues scrolling with the Nook Color on display in Best Buy.

I've never had any occasion to scroll with it. To turn a page, you just barely touch the screen on the side. I guess maybe if you were using the Wi-Fi and searching for/adding books that way you might have occasion to scroll through a list, but I don't use the Wi-Fi.... I just plug it into my computer and load my books onto it with Calibre.

Aug 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #1,234 of 4,134
got my sr225i the other day. was too giddy, i forgot to get a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter cable. bah. but the store owner was kind enough to get me some darjeeling tea while auditioning the cans - he owns a pair himself, and an RS1i. i went for what's in my budget, and something i can woody along the road. as an aside, i did get some twining's right after. and a decent teaspoon set - 4 in total.

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #1,235 of 4,134

Quote:

New LCD-2 cable from Peter (Double Helix): Molecule OCC silver, 'Defcon' sleeving

That's a beautiful cable Dave, can't wait to hear what you think of it. Congrats!

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #1,236 of 4,134

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words, everyone.

If not for monetary constraints, I'd still be in the market for an e-reader. How's the Nook? Is the e-ink screen really that good in direct sunlight?

I got this book stand when I was in Korea. The name of the brand is 알리미 독서대 - i.e. ARM Book Stand (독서대 just means book stand). The website is www.armsb.com (although I doubt ARM ships outside of Korea, I'm not sure since I've never tried). The model I have is the 원달 독서대. I bought this in the department store, so I guess I received special treatment b/c mine has a different color scheme (it wasn't the same as the one on display or the one online), but I'm not certain whether that specific color scheme is available online.

awww :frowning2: 

I have to go to korea to buy it!? I guess I have to settle with something I find around here in the states..

I really do love the look of your stand though! its super nice

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #1,237 of 4,134

A Kindle 3G with Special Offers and the official lighted cover. Absolutely love it so far. I thought about getting a tablet but they are still too expensive and I had issues with the LCD display on the Nook Color. I also have already been purchasing a few ebooks from Amazon and like the syncing between different devices.

Aug 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #1,238 of 4,134

Quote:

That's a beautiful cable Dave, can't wait to hear what you think of it. Congrats!

Thanks Vince.

But guys, why is Vince (grokit) banned?!

Aug 14, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #1,242 of 4,134
The displays on the Kindle/Good Nook are amazing. If you want it a lot for the reader features...Don't get anything with an LCD screen. They're terrible for heavy reading.

Aug 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #1,243 of 4,134
Agreed. I'm going to wait until the tablet market matures before making my move, but that Kindle really is a beauty.

Quote:
I have to go to korea to buy it!? I guess I have to settle with something I find around here in the states..

I really do love the look of your stand though! its super nice

Thank you!
Don't worry; I share your grievances. I wasn't able to buy many things I wanted while I was in Korea... 

Aug 14, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #1,244 of 4,134
How so? Sure, the LCD screen's notorious for hindering reading in direct sunlight, but I can't imagine many other disadvantages. Eye strain definitely isn't an issue (I chatted with my opthamologist about the subject of LCD/LED/PDP screens causing eye strain years ago, and he told me that, while eye strain may occur, today's monitors won't be the reason for it). 

Quote:
Don't get anything with an LCD screen. They're terrible for heavy reading.

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #1,245 of 4,134

Users who are viewing this thread

Back