Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Aug 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #1,201 of 4,134

Quote:
It even comes with its own lawyer.

I'll take a picture of my LCD-2 and my recently ordered DAC1 getting to know each other once it arrives. Good thing I don't have a girlfriend.

That bag'll ruin a man.  
tongue_smile.gif

Nice selection.  The purchases-- not necessarily the lack of female other.

Aug 3, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #1,202 of 4,134

Quote:
Yes,  yes.  But it's a small price for your wife to pay considering she can now carry her full divorce settlement in that one bag.

Aug 3, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #1,203 of 4,134

A couple of Woo Audio stands and a pair of T1s

Aug 3, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #1,204 of 4,134
^ looks great, nice spot for 3 beautiful headphones and stands

Aug 4, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #1,207 of 4,134

Quote:

Slides. keep em in my backpack when aggro skating.

Had to get em. 
smily_headphones1.gif

HD414 pads. Not for Grados though, i'm going to quarter-mod the other side and fit them under the mesh of these old Audiotechnica AT-702's that i bought on ebay. 
They leave quite the red marks as they are now without padding 
eek.gif

Yup. No big purchases as of late. Can't afford or justify such as of now 
biggrin.gif

Darn, if you had told me I would've just given you my KSC75's w/ headband for the cost of shipping.

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #1,208 of 4,134
You have to post some pictures and impressions of that mod. I actually have a pair of those in my closet. They are most likely from my dad, I don't know of anyone else in my family who would have bought them. They sound good, but my main issue is comfort. 

Quote:

HD414 pads. Not for Grados though, i'm going to quarter-mod the other side and fit them under the mesh of these old Audiotechnica AT-702's that i bought on ebay. 
They leave quite the red marks as they are now without padding 
eek.gif

Yup. No big purchases as of late. Can't afford or justify such as of now 
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #1,209 of 4,134

The price cut got me.

Between buying speakers and this, my headphone purchases for the next few months will be seriously lacking :frowning2:

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #1,210 of 4,134
As promised:

The headphones are fantastic, definitely keepers. I don't know if I want to pay $995 for the DAC1 yet though. They're a great match.

For lack of a dedicated digital cable, I'm using one of the interconnects from my old setup. Hence the stray RCA 
smile.gif

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #1,212 of 4,134
     Quote:
Darn, if you had told me I would've just given you my KSC75's w/ headband for the cost of shipping.

Darnit. That headband must do quite a bit for the bass too. Nice. Anyways, thanks for the mention Raguvian. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
You have to post some pictures and impressions of that mod. I actually have a pair of those in my closet. They are most likely from my dad, I don't know of anyone else in my family who would have bought them. They sound good, but my main issue is comfort. 

Sure thing. Basically I quarter modded the pads, spun the black plastic ring off; and sort of bent and fit the HD414 pads in underneath the mesh through the little hole; pushing the pads back to shape with my fingers. You could almost say the pads were designed for the AT-702. The fit is perfect, The sound sig is unaffected and the HD414 pads are quite comfortable. As for long term comfort, these might put uncomfortable stress on your upper jaw after more than 3 or so hours. It is most likely due to the weight of the head phones themselves though.

I like the sound. Good imaging and separation. They sound quite open, particularly due to the separation they give to distant ques in music. They might be 8-ohm phones though, so in order to get a proper bass and open sound they might need more power than normal. There definitely low ohm phones like most from the era.

I do think the HD414 pads are worth it, due to the natural perfect fit under the mesh and comfort. Be sure to quarter mod the pads though.

Aug 5, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #1,214 of 4,134
Thanks, I will have to try that. As far as power for them, that is not a problems. I have a Pioneer SX-950 that it should work well with. 

Quote:
     Quote:

Darnit. That headband must do quite a bit for the bass too. Nice. Anyways, thanks for the mention Raguvian. 
biggrin.gif

Sure thing. Basically I quarter modded the pads, spun the black plastic ring off; and sort of bent and fit the HD414 pads in underneath the mesh through the little hole; pushing the pads back to shape with my fingers. You could almost say the pads were designed for the AT-702. The fit is perfect, The sound sig is unaffected and the HD414 pads are quite comfortable. As for long term comfort, these might put uncomfortable stress on your upper jaw after more than 3 or so hours. It is most likely due to the weight of the head phones themselves though.

I like the sound. Good imaging and separation. They sound quite open, particularly due to the separation they give to distant ques in music. They might be 8-ohm phones though, so in order to get a proper bass and open sound they might need more power than normal. There definitely low ohm phones like most from the era.

I do think the HD414 pads are worth it, due to the natural perfect fit under the mesh and comfort. Be sure to quarter mod the pads though.

For going ever so slightly off topic, I feel obligated to properly contribute. This is my most recent, and last significant purchase for some time to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back