Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Jan 11, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #738 of 4,134

Quote:
Oh jeez, I hope you knew what you were doing before you bought the MFW-15...  Great subwoofer, if it lasts...

I had no idea what I was doing but I got lucky lol. It was on sale cheap and it came DOA, but after some troubleshooting they sent me another amplifier module. Then I discovered that the hot wire had become disconnected and the original one worked. This wasn't intentional as I had checked the connections, but since that particular one was was all taped up didn't think there was a problem until I discovered it when I went to install the new one. Then AV123 went belly up for good, but I do have that extra module if I ever need it so even though it took an extra month to get it going it all worked out in the end. I did have that "I should have gone with the SVS" feeling for that one month until I finally got to hear it though. I ended up taking the whole thing apart when I was trouble-shooting it originally and yes there were a couple of stripped-out screw holes for the cone, but that will be easy to fix if I ever take it apart again. It was a hassle getting it up to the loft as it weighs a ton but it's a real beast that sounds great and moves a lot of air. With the South American hardwood and gloss cherry finish it's one of my nicest pieces of furniture!

Jan 12, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #739 of 4,134
At least the wood looks fancy.........

Jan 12, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #740 of 4,134
It is fancy, it sounds freakin' awesome and I have an extra amplifier module; I am quite pleased with it actually.

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #742 of 4,134

Had some extra money, so I thought I'd splurge
moz-screenshot-5.png
moz-screenshot-6.png
moz-screenshot-7.png
moz-screenshot-8.png
moz-screenshot-4.png
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-9.png

Jan 13, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #745 of 4,134
I have a new Polk Audio DSW Pro 500 sub and a pair of NHT Classic Three monitors on the way.  They would have been here already, but the snow has delayed the shipments.

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #749 of 4,134
Except brown with red graphics...should be here early spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back