Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Dec 24, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #706 of 4,134
A Martin S-O ukulele. I fancied another Uke but there's very few shops around my way that sell reasonably good uke's. The Martin is probably overpriced for what it is but I love the little thing.

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #707 of 4,134

Quote:

S60?  Cant say i like the new body style better than the old one, but they are pretty damn fast cars.  Congrats.  I am a volvo fan, but more circa '93.

My latest "significant" purchase, while not on the caliber of a car, still has me excited.  Kenneth Cole boots.  

Kenneth Cole, nice quality.  I bet they'll keep their shine for a long time.

Yes, that's the new 2011 S60 T6 AWD.  I had a tough time with configuring the car the way I wanted and ultimately had to make a sacrifice on the suspension (got the Touring, not the Dynamic).  I did not like the 18" wheels that came with all the cars configured with the Dynamic suspension.  On the other hand, the five-double-spoke of the 17" wheels give the car a sporty appearance  (I wish they had made five-spoke 18").  But most of the 17" ones come with the Touring suspension, which gives a more comfortable ride but a but less road feedback and slightly less sharp handling.  No matter, eventually I'll get 18, perhaps 19" aftermarket wheels with Continental ExtremeContact DW tires for the summer and keep the 17" for the winter.  The car is so new though, Tirerack.com hasn't done any wheel measurements and therefore they can't tell me which 18"/19" aftermarket wheels will work.

Yes, there's something to be said for the 18" wheels when doing a side-by-side (or in this case, top-to-bottom) comparison, but when looking at just one car at a time, the 17" wheels seem sportier to me.  What do you think?

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #709 of 4,134

Quote:

Quote:

S60?  Cant say i like the new body style better than the old one, but they are pretty damn fast cars.  Congrats.  I am a volvo fan, but more circa '93.

My latest "significant" purchase, while not on the caliber of a car, still has me excited.  Kenneth Cole boots.  

Kenneth Cole, nice quality.  I bet they'll keep their shine for a long time.

Yes, that's the new 2011 S60 T6 AWD.  I had a tough time with configuring the car the way I wanted and ultimately had to make a sacrifice on the suspension (got the Touring, not the Dynamic).  I did not like the 18" wheels that came with all the cars configured with the Dynamic suspension.  On the other hand, the five-double-spoke of the 17" wheels give the car a sporty appearance  (I wish they had made five-spoke 18").  But most of the 17" ones come with the Touring suspension, which gives a more comfortable ride but a but less road feedback and slightly less sharp handling.  No matter, eventually I'll get 18, perhaps 19" aftermarket wheels with Continental ExtremeContact DW tires for the summer and keep the 17" for the winter.  The car is so new though, Tirerack.com hasn't done any wheel measurements and therefore they can't tell me which 18"/19" aftermarket wheels will work.

Yes, there's something to be said for the 18" wheels when doing a side-by-side (or in this case, top-to-bottom) comparison, but when looking at just one car at a time, the 17" wheels seem sportier to me.  What do you think?

Why do people think putting larger wheels on is a good thing?

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #710 of 4,134
>>Why do people think putting larger wheels on is a good thing?<<<<<

Aesthetically, wheels look better than tire sidewall, so larger wheels generally look better.  Performance-wise, you get better dry braking and better cornering, and just about worse everything else (i.e., smaller is better for acceleration, wet & snow handling, fuel economy).  Looking at the photographs once again, however, I think going larger than 18" would look stupid.

Dec 25, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #712 of 4,134

Quote:
Aesthetically, wheels look better than tire sidewall, so larger wheels generally look better.  Performance-wise, you get better dry braking and better cornering, and just about worse everything else (i.e., smaller is better for acceleration, wet & snow handling, fuel economy).  Looking at the photographs once again, however, I think going larger than 18" would look stupid.

Ah, I see.  Thanks for the info.  I never did understand the reasoning behind it.

Dec 25, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #713 of 4,134
I dig the 17" wheel.  I have always been partial to the Pegasus wheel found on the R series volvos.   Not sure if this si 17 or 18. 

Dec 27, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #717 of 4,134

Solis SL-90 espresso machine, just waiting for the seller to ship. My grinder is crap for espresso (Maestro Plus), but I figure I'll get something like a Vario in time... if I actually like real espresso. 

Dec 28, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #720 of 4,134
I just received my Schiit Asgard today. It is beautiful and near flawless. Hot as hell though.
This completes my headphone setup, for now. 

PC>uDac>Asgard>HD650

Not bad for a 15 year old. Can't justify spending much more until I get a job. 

Sorry for the poor picture. Its just a quick one taken by my phone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back