Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Dec 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #692 of 4,134

Quote:
Quote:

Congrats, they sound awesome.

I thought so too. I didn't use my music or EQ with them, but one thing I noticed is the large soundstage and the clarity of all the instruments.

@the people who just posted the Mustang and Ducati,

Those are awesome. I just want to let loose with something like those on a track. That would be exhilarating!
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
beerchug.gif

One of my recent purchases:

I know it is not a great picture, as it is just the stock photo of it that I took off the yahoo forum dedicated to modding it. Maybe I will do that next.

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #695 of 4,134

Quote:

$199 on Amazon Lightning Deals.

And it wasn't even an impulse buy as I just was about to buy one on eBay anyway :)

Congrats! I have the 2005 version of these balanced and, and they have great sound. Talk about layered and detailed, in a fun way. You won't regret them. 

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #698 of 4,134

Quote:
Oooh. Haven't seen this edition yet - where'd you find?a
Quote:
Wow, and to think I was happy just to get this in the mail today.

Amazon UK, and unfortunately, it is region restricted for both the standard DVD and Blu ray. Kino has a good Blu ray version, but without the important extras. Were you asking about the disc package, or the "reconstructed and restored?. If the latter, this ed. has close to 30 additional min. added--lost footage that was hacked out and lost for over 80 years, till discovered a couple of years ago in Argentina.

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #699 of 4,134
Nah, already keen on the 2010 cut, just curious about the neat-o packaging.

You wouldn't think the US was the largest media market in the world from the number of pressings that get unique/better releases in the UK.

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #700 of 4,134
Yeah well, look at the movie thread here at Head-Fi. Its about, wait for it, "movies" (duh). Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think it shows fairly accurate cultural predilection.  We still have Criterion, but they *seem* to be changing their focus a bit this year. Isn't Second Run UK based as well? With their focus on Eastern European cinema, I've gotten a few absolute gems from them so far. 

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #703 of 4,134

Quote:

Just got it today.  Taking delivery next week to give them time to do the window tint and add a spoiler. :D

S60?  Cant say i like the new body style better than the old one, but they are pretty damn fast cars.  Congrats.  I am a volvo fan, but more circa '93.

My latest "significant" purchase, while not on the caliber of a car, still has me excited.  Kenneth Cole boots.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back