Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Jan 19, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #4,021 of 4,134

Yes it is.  I'm going to a half mile airport runway racing event soon.  Will take some video there.  Car doesn't have the tire or supporting upgrades to handle a hard launch so it's a slow roll out and then nail the gas pedal.

I get around 16MPG city and 27MPG highway.  Hit the gas pedal and it's gallon per mile. :xf_eek:   I can see the gas gauge move after a few hits.

Here's the video I took earlier that night.  It's NSFW my buddy drops an F' bomb in it.  Be warned.  Otherwise enjoy.

So fun to read about and see vids of your car experience. Being in the wheel business had it's share of super car stories. There truly is no feeling like the g force of going fast in Vet with a ton of HP. Acura is out with a new NSX this year. Cheap at 130k. It is the opposite driving experience from a Vet. They can stick to the road so hard your shoulders bruise and you can get sick. 5 gears but you can get to 130mph in 3rd gear.

One thing I learned about cars is that speed limiters are placed by the manufactures because of tire ratings. As long as you get speed rated tires your ok going the speed your tires are made for after bypassing speed limiter.

Jan 20, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #4,022 of 4,134

Yes it is.  I'm going to a half mile airport runway racing event soon.  Will take some video there.  Car doesn't have the tire or supporting upgrades to handle a hard launch so it's a slow roll out and then nail the gas pedal.

I get around 16MPG city and 27MPG highway.  Hit the gas pedal and it's gallon per mile. 
redface.gif
  I can see the gas gauge move after a few hits.

Here's the video I took earlier that night.  It's NSFW my buddy drops an F' bomb in it.  Be warned.  Otherwise enjoy.

Wow those backfires! That thing sounds great man.

I finally decided to get myself a nicer microphone than the Logitech one I've had for a few years. Picked up the AT2020 USB mic from Amazon.

Jan 20, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #4,023 of 4,134

Indeed, kinda figured that with the significant increase of HP to the rear wheels, drag radials and mild rear suspension upgrades is next on the list to help you get those horses planted to the ground.

It's got Bilstein shocks and custom sway bars upgraded already.  I won't put DRs on the car until I decide to retire it from daily driver usage.  There's high risk of breaking the differential and rear end or axles with a full hit of all the power.  My spinning is what helps keep junk from breaking.  I may go with a stickier street tire to help a little.  For now it's part throttle hits in the lower gears.

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #4,024 of 4,134

It's got Bilstein shocks and custom sway bars upgraded already.  I won't put DRs on the car until I decide to retire it from daily driver usage.  There's high risk of breaking the differential and rear end or axles with a full hit of all the power.  My spinning is what helps keep junk from breaking.  I may go with a stickier street tire to help a little.  For now it's part throttle hits in the lower gears.

Yeah, don't want to be breaking one of your axles or diff. I just sold a pair of Moser 35 spline steel axles to a buddy of mines, will be purchasing another set of steel axles from another manufacturer later.

Jan 20, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #4,025 of 4,134

1. S

I was surprised to read 800 hp is way above the normal 600 to 660 hp you read about in many of the worlds fastest super cars.

Driving my friends Viper was not as fun as I thought as the wheels never would get hold and just spun. You could not get that boost off until going 35mph in maybe second gear?

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #4,026 of 4,134

• S
I was surprised to read 800 hp is way above the normal 600 to 660 hp you read about in many of the worlds fastest super cars.

Driving my friends Viper was not as fun as I thought as the wheels never would get hold and just spun. You could not get that boost off until going 35mph in maybe second gear?

Yeah traction is a pain at lower speeds.  Just have to have patience in throttle control.

For those who don't know cars I say just around 800 horsepower.  For those who know cars and DynoJet and Mustang dyno I'll spew out the actual numbers to the wheels.  Mustang dyno typically reads low and on a Mustang dyno the car put down 640 RWHP and 588 RWTQ.

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #4,028 of 4,134
Do you have any dyno traces that you could post?  
smile.gif

This is from a couple of years ago of my Blue Car getting its first dyno tune.  The Blue Car proved an excellent tool for my learning to drive more competently (through study, practice, tuning, several driving schools, and track days) and demonstrated the efficacy for me of having a "summer car".  When it came off warranty, we "loosened its bra and panties" (K&N induction kit, fuel solenoid and Cobb turbo-back exhaust) so it could breathe more easily and dyo tuned it again to optimize.  Now it walks away from all normally aspirated small blocks on BIR's long straight.  It is a lot of fun and a total "sneaker".  So much so that it is set to be superceded this spring:

It will be March build, to be delivered before my birthday at the end of May.  
beerchug.gif

Jan 26, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #4,029 of 4,134
I don't of my current dyno sheet.  I should have it in a couple days once I get back home.  Remind me in a few days I'll throw it up. :)

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #4,031 of 4,134
smile.gif

This is from a couple of years ago of my Blue Car getting its first dyno tune.  The Blue Car proved an excellent tool for my learning to drive more competently (through study, practice, tuning, several driving schools, and track days) and demonstrated the efficacy for me of having a "summer car".  When it came off warranty, we "loosened its bra and panties" (K&N induction kit, fuel solenoid and Cobb turbo-back exhaust) so it could breathe more easily and dyo tuned it again to optimize.  Now it walks away from all normally aspirated small blocks on BIR's long straight.  It is a lot of fun and a total "sneaker".  So much so that it is set to be superceded this spring:

It will be March build, to be delivered before my birthday at the end of May.  
beerchug.gif

Awesome car!  I can't find the dyno sheet let me tell my tuner to make a copy of it and e-mail it to me.  I did track the car last night.  I didn't want to break anything drivetrain related so when I tell you I launched it from idle slowly with no tire spin I mean I didn't care for the ET at the end but was going just for MPH.  Should be a low 10 second car with traction and a hard launch.

Here's the slips... Funny thing was I ran the same 11.7 before the supercharger, albeit at "only" 121.7 mph instead of these 135mph trap speeds.

)

Here's how hard she accelerates once at speed...this is with a passenger in the vehicle as added weight...

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #4,032 of 4,134
Picked up a new Streamlight led flashlight and trying out a Otterbox Defender case. Flashlight is awesome. Not sure on how much I like the otterox yet. I ordered the commuter too just in case + glass screen protector.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #4,034 of 4,134
smile.gif

Hey came across this the other day and forgot to post it up for ya.  If you're still around here ya go power ramps up fast and hard...

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #4,035 of 4,134

Hey came across this the other day and forgot to post it up for ya.  If you're still around here ya go power ramps up fast and hard...

Looks like all kinds of push-rod fun.   Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back