Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Jul 18, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #1,142 of 4,134
Fancier FT6823A carbon fiber tripod with Weifeng (Fancier) WF571H Fluid ballhead.
Much better quality than expected for very low price.  
5951651077_a2073d6390_z.jpg

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #1,143 of 4,134
Wow! Sweet sub. I have a PSB 15". That level of bass is just incredible. It changes your listening experience dramatically. Feeling it as well as hearing it. 

I've recently moved to 5.1 setup by Energy. First time with them. I had used B&Ws for years. Anyway... off topic.

Quote:
Finished up home theater 2.0 upgrade a few weeks ago and bought (on sale)

Outlaw LFM-1 EX

Best bang for your buck sub on the market.  This thing pressurizes my room

16Hz-180Hz +/- 2dB
SPL 118dB
80lbs
"only" 350 watts RMS (peak 1300 watts) as it doesn't need that much power due to the sheer size (see photo below).  It doubles as a night stand but I have since moved it to the front of the room.

Here it is next to my old 10" sub...makes it look so tiny haha

Jul 18, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #1,144 of 4,134

Quote:
Fancier FT6823A carbon fiber tripod with Weifeng (Fancier) WF571H Fluid ballhead.
Much better quality than expected for very low price.  
5951651077_a2073d6390_z.jpg

Fluid head, I assume for video?

Jul 19, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #1,147 of 4,134

Quote:
Tuscany! Which city/cities are you headed to? I was just there 2 weeks back, I could recommend you a pretty good 1-day tour of the region for 80 euros.

We're flying to Pisa and have a hotel next to the train station. Plan is to just use the Pisa hotel as a base of operations and take daytrips from there. We're staying for about 10 days. Any recommendations would be more than welcome! :D Planning to visit Cinque Terre and Florence as well during our stay there. Thanks! 

Jul 19, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #1,148 of 4,134

Quote:
We're flying to Pisa and have a hotel next to the train station. Plan is to just use the Pisa hotel as a base of operations and take daytrips from there. We're staying for about 10 days. Any recommendations would be more than welcome! :D Planning to visit Cinque Terre and Florence as well during our stay there. Thanks! 

This is the one I went for!
http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attraction_Review-g187895-d1102599-Reviews-The_Best_of_Tuscany_Tour-Florence_Tuscany.html
It left from Florence at 8.30am, and took 12 hours to visit Sienna, San Gimignano, a farm, and Pisa by coach. Lunch was included, and was served up at the farm--consisting of wine, cheese, beef and olive oil made BY the farm! (well, except for the cheese) You'll see lots and learn lots on this tour.

Cinque Terre is a nice chill-out place, and is great for hiking if you like that sort of thing. "Cinque Terre" is (lit) Italian for "five lands", so bear in mind that it consists of 5 beach-side towns, and it is possible to hike from one to all the others. Not easy, from what I've heard, but possible. The speciality there is the focaccia bread, although everyone claims to sell the genuine version.

Florence is a GREAT city to spend more than a few days, and if you decide to try your luck at staying there for a few nights, I've stayed at 2 excellent hostels there. Good rooms with air-conditioning, friendly and helpful staff--even free WiFi at one of them (not sure about the other, because I didn't have my WiFi gadgets back then).
Anyway, Florence has lots to see both in and out of museums, and plenty to eat. Some of the finest gelaterias can be found here, including Vestri (chocolate-and-gelato place) and GROM (Italy-wide chain w excellent gelato). If you're in Florence at lunchtime, join the queue at Trattoria Mario--cheap, noisy, hearty fare, including the famous Florentine Bistecca (steak) that weighs in at 1kg!! 
The Duomo--or cathedral--in Florence is noteworthy for its unusual green-and-white colour scheme, and I believe it is regarded as the first piece of Renaissance-era architecture. The world's largest Franciscan chapel is also here, and many pieces of art by Michelangelo can be found in the city. There's the actual David inside the Uffizi Museum, and then there are a few fake David statues on display for free. The river is nice to walk along, and crossing the famous Ponte Vecchio bridge, you'll be able to hike up the hill to catch a sunset view of the whole city.
On that note, see Florence on foot. It's hard sometimes, but the streets are easy to negotiate and traffic is quite light, and you never know what you might stumble upon by traveling this way.

Oh and in case you're a gamer...it goes without saying that Florence was one of the cities Assassin's Creed 2 was set...

Jul 19, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #1,149 of 4,134

Quote:

This is the one I went for!
http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attraction_Review-g187895-d1102599-Reviews-The_Best_of_Tuscany_Tour-Florence_Tuscany.html

[...]

Oh and in case you're a gamer...it goes without saying that Florence was one of the cities Assassin's Creed 2 was set...

Awesome! Thanks! Will most definitely come in handy. I think I'll consider staying in Florence for a couple of days as well. The hotel in Pisa has free cancellation anyway. And I love AC1&2! :)

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #1,150 of 4,134

Quote:

Awesome! Thanks! Will most definitely come in handy. I think I'll consider staying in Florence for a couple of days as well. The hotel in Pisa has free cancellation anyway. And I love AC1&2! :)

Then I highly recommend replaying a bit of AC2 and run around Florence--great, geeky way to note all the landmarks you want to see in real life!
Here's where I last stayed in Florence (with the free WiFi, my room housed 3 comfortably):
http://www.loggiafiorentina.com/en/home.html

The other one I stayed at (3 years ago) was Hotel Sampaoli, in a 4-bedder.
http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/sampaoli.html?aid=320754&label=hotel-256612_images-1&utm_source=tripad&utm_medium=SPPC&utm_content=images&utm_term=hotel-256612&lang=

Both have ensuite bathrooms with shower.

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #1,151 of 4,134

Quote:

Then I highly recommend replaying a bit of AC2 and run around Florence--great, geeky way to note all the landmarks you want to see in real life!
Here's where I last stayed in Florence (with the free WiFi, my room housed 3 comfortably):
http://www.loggiafiorentina.com/en/home.html

Excellent! You've been a great help! Thanks! Gonna revisit AC2 now... :D

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #1,155 of 4,134
Thanks bro!  Absolutely agree as once you go big with a sub you'll never go back.  I love my headphones but you can just feel the music with those extra 2 octaves of bass goodness.  :)  What kind of Energy speakers do you have and why did you switch from B&W?  I'm currently running Klipsch up front for my other speakers along with Definitive Technology out back.

Quote:
Wow! Sweet sub. I have a PSB 15". That level of bass is just incredible. It changes your listening experience dramatically. Feeling it as well as hearing it. 

I've recently moved to 5.1 setup by Energy. First time with them. I had used B&Ws for years. Anyway... off topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back