Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Jul 23, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #3,901 of 4,134

You can get an LS2 Vette for mid/high 20s.  Don't know what you're looking at with an STI but they aren't in the low/mid teens as far as I know.  One thing I can attest, with a Vette you're likely to have had a previous mature owner.  Buying the Evo/STI/SRT/Mustang/Camaro/etc. etc. etc. you're playing with fire in the used car market.  One bolt-on (headers) on my LS3 and I'm ripping deep in the 11s at well over 120mph.  Throw in a cam and I'm at 11 flat, throw on forced induction hello single digits and 140mph+ trap speeds.  Different league of a car.  This is just on the LS3 (not counting Z06 / ZR1).

Just saying.  All are awesome rides but the Vette is a better platform to start off from.

I'm talking MSRP, the corvette is roughly 10k more

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #3,902 of 4,134
  I'm talking MSRP, the corvette is roughly 10k more

It all depends on where you want to start off from.  The STI is a glorified Subaru Imprezza.  The Evo is a glorified Lancer.  The SRT4 is a glorified Neon/Caliber.  You get what you pay for.  I'm not saying GM's Vettes prior to the stingray had phenomenal interiors but you certainly got more bells/whistles.  I find the C6's interior to be more that sufficient.  

Anyways...back to the new purchase stuff, picked up this bad boy yesterday.  Already rooted and played around with...LG G3

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #3,903 of 4,134
  It all depends on where you want to start off from.  The STI is a glorified Subaru Imprezza.  The Evo is a glorified Lancer.  The SRT4 is a glorified Neon/Caliber.  You get what you pay for.  I'm not saying GM's Vettes prior to the stingray had phenomenal interiors but you certainly got more bells/whistles.  I find the C6's interior to be more that sufficient.  

Anyways...back to the new purchase stuff, picked up this bad boy yesterday.  Already rooted and played around with...LG G3

How do you like the G3?

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #3,904 of 4,134
  How do you like the G3?

It's good.  I like it.  I'm just waiting for the mod community to get at it.  For now I've rooted it and put in a bunch of tweaks via Xposed.  

I don't miss my Galaxy S4 one bit at the moment.  

Jul 26, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #3,905 of 4,134

Awesome ride man!  I wish more cars came with manual (despite auto becoming more superior day by day).  0-60 in two gears!?!?!?  Wow!   Two gear shifts gets me to 115mph LOL

I traded my 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS convertible with an LS1 and 3.73 gears to buy my new car, and believe it or not, I'm having a blast with the Fiesta ST! Sure, it can't compete with my old Camaro in a straight line, but it is very fun on a twisty road. I love Corvettes too, and I've owned a Camaro Z/28 six-speed with an LT1 as well as my old Camaro SS.

Beware of the Fiesta ST at an autocross! 
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #3,906 of 4,134

Why is it significant for me?

It is my first USB DAC and/or amp I bought, whether I would move on from there would depend on time and finances

Now waiting for my headphones to arrive to my door

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #3,907 of 4,134

Why is it significant for me?

It is my first USB DAC and/or amp I bought, whether I would move on from there would depend on time and finances

Now waiting for my headphones to arrive to my door

Kai, I think you've made a great investment. I feel sometimes the Audinst doesn't get a whole lot of love with all the competition it has. It's a great, and to some extent, portable DAC & amp combo that features great sound and will indeed showcase what external DACs are all about. Enjoy! : - )

Can I ask what headphones you are awaiting the arrival of?

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #3,908 of 4,134

Kai, I think you've made a great investment. I feel sometimes the Audinst doesn't get a whole lot of love with all the competition it has. It's a great, and to some extent, portable DAC & amp combo that features great sound and will indeed showcase what external DACs are all about. Enjoy! : - )

Can I ask what headphones you are awaiting the arrival of?

My Sennheiser HD580 (bundled with DSP Pro) should be coming to my door soon...

Gonna replace the grilles with HD600 ones and the cables with HD650 ones, since I think it looks aesthetically better this way

I know the HUD-mx1 may not be the best combination... but I am just going to experiment for now and see how I like the sound to go

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #3,909 of 4,134

I traded my 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS convertible with an LS1 and 3.73 gears to buy my new car, and believe it or not, I'm having a blast with the Fiesta ST! Sure, it can't compete with my old Camaro in a straight line, but it is very fun on a twisty road. I love Corvettes too, and I've owned a Camaro Z/28 six-speed with an LT1 as well as my old Camaro SS.

Beware of the Fiesta ST at an autocross! 
wink.gif

I don't have a stock suspension.  It's got some upgrades to take the corners.  
wink.gif

That's awesome I used to own a 99 Camaro.  Same body style.  

Anyways, new significant purchase.  Put some new rubber on the car with some new wheels.

Jul 28, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #3,912 of 4,134
thanks guys!  I'm always buying toys.  I'm like a grown up kid these days.  :p

Aug 15, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #3,914 of 4,134
I've been buying too much crap lately...joys of new house. 
beerchug.gif

Finished out the home theater.  Blackout vinyl the windows and put decorative curtains over it.  All complete and ready for (American) football now! 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back