Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Jul 21, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #3,886 of 4,134
  I bought a 2014 Ford Fiesta ST. The ST is a performance model and it is turbocharged. Here are some pictures that the dealer took of my actual car when it was still on the showroom floor. It is an optional color called, "Molten Orange." 
smile.gif

That's pretty cool I didn't know they had an ST version of the Fiesta and I thought it was only the Focus.  That's a sharp lookin' car!  How fast is it 0-60?

Jul 21, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #3,887 of 4,134
  That's pretty cool I didn't know they had an ST version of the Fiesta and I thought it was only the Focus.  That's a sharp lookin' car!  How fast is it 0-60?

The numbers vary according to what magazine you read. Car and Driver magazine says 0-60 in 6.7.

The Fiesta ST is only available with a six-speed manual transmission. It's 0-60 time is hindered a bit because it requires two shifts during 0-60. This car was really made for twisty roads and not drag racing. There are plenty of videos on YouTube of the Fiesta ST on racetracks such as the Nurburgring. The car was developed by Ford of Europe in Belgium.

It has 197 horsepower, but it is about 500 lbs. lighter than the Focus ST and has better brakes than the Focus ST.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #3,889 of 4,134
The numbers vary according to what magazine you read. Car and Driver magazine says 0-60 in 6.7.

The Fiesta ST is only available with a six-speed manual transmission. It's 0-60 time is hindered a bit because it requires two shifts during 0-60. This car was really made for twisty roads and not drag racing. There are plenty of videos on YouTube of the Fiesta ST on racetracks such as the Nurburgring. The car was developed by Ford of Europe in Belgium.

It has 197 horsepower, but it is about 500 lbs. lighter than the Focus ST and has better brakes than the Focus ST.

Yea the 0-60 time of my car varied among those publishers too.

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #3,891 of 4,134
  A pair of these: 

Adidas "Predator Absolado Instinct" shoes.

They're intended for indoor soccer but I'm gonna (ab)use them for calisthenics training (street workout) and a bit of parkour, indoor and outdoor. I've been using DC skate sneakers for most of my training up until now and while they're holding up pretty well, I think they're too heavy and bulky.

I need something that is more snugly around my feet and lighter, while still offering protection from drops and narrow edges etc. Going on a limb here, running shoes were advised to me but I want to try these.

Also got a somewhat matching tanktop and pants.

Neat idea, though be careful your first time out. The soles on that are meant for a hard court like parquet or wood. I've found when you're not on those types of surfaces the traction isn't very good.

Jul 22, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #3,892 of 4,134
  I bought a 2014 Ford Fiesta ST. The ST is a performance model and it is turbocharged. Here are some pictures that the dealer took of my actual car when it was still on the showroom floor. It is an optional color called, "Molten Orange." 
smile.gif

Awesome ride man!  I wish more cars came with manual (despite auto becoming more superior day by day).  0-60 in two gears!?!?!?  Wow!   Two gear shifts gets me to 115mph LOL

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #3,893 of 4,134

You chose a great car, mate. I personally am considering either the Focus or Fiesta ST models for a future car purchase, but I'm also tempted to invest into the Mazda Miata MX-5. The car I really want is a NSX, but unfortunately the only one I know available for sale in Arizona has a $22k price tag, and that's from a dealer. With that said, being that the car is a 1991 Acura, that means no financing is available. : - (

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #3,894 of 4,134

With that said, being that the car is a 1991 Acura, that means no financing is available. : - (

You wouldn't want to finance an old car like that (or any old car).  If it fails, now you owe payments on a paperweight.  You have to be able to pay to play.  Anyways, similar money, go grab a Corvette.  I have a fairly new one (2010) and with minimal bolt ons it's a solid 11 second car with a 0-60 of sub 4 seconds.  Gobs of torque, plenty of great V8 thunder, great looks.  Threw some suspension work in mine as well and it's a proper track car.  It's a super car killer for fractions less.

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #3,895 of 4,134

You wouldn't want to finance an old car like that (or any old car).  If it fails, now you owe payments on a paperweight.  You have to be able to pay to play.  Anyways, similar money, go grab a Corvette.  I have a fairly new one (2010) and with minimal bolt ons it's a solid 11 second car with a 0-60 of sub 4 seconds.  Gobs of torque, plenty of great V8 thunder, great looks.  Threw some suspension work in mine as well and it's a proper track car.  It's a super car killer for fractions less.

Yes Corvette's are great cars, and you are right on the note of it being a better purchase these days, especially when financing.

Jul 23, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #3,896 of 4,134

Yes Corvette's are great cars, and you are right on the note of it being a better purchase these days, especially when financing.

I think they're overpriced for what you get.  You can get very similar performance for cheaper.  Also the interior of most Corvettes (at least the ones I've been in) is on the cheaper side.  I looked at the Corvette before I got an STI but I couldn't justify the extra ~$10,000.

Jul 23, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #3,897 of 4,134
  I think they're overpriced for what you get.  You can get very similar performance for cheaper.  Also the interior of most Corvettes (at least the ones I've been in) is on the cheaper side.  I looked at the Corvette before I got an STI but I couldn't justify the extra ~$10,000.

The STI is one of the cars I will always have a soft spot for. If it came down to it, I'd always pick it over either the Corvette or Lancer Evo MR.

Jul 23, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #3,898 of 4,134

The STI is one of the cars I will always have a soft spot for. If it came down to it, I'd always pick it over either the Corvette or Lancer Evo MR.

Me too unless it was an Evo 7 (I loved the look of that one).  The new StingRay is really cool too!

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #3,900 of 4,134

You can get an LS2 Vette for mid/high 20s.  Don't know what you're looking at with an STI but they aren't in the low/mid teens as far as I know.  One thing I can attest, with a Vette you're likely to have had a previous mature owner.  Buying the Evo/STI/SRT/Mustang/Camaro/etc. etc. etc. you're playing with fire in the used car market.  One bolt-on (headers) on my LS3 and I'm ripping deep in the 11s at well over 120mph.  Throw in a cam and I'm at 11 flat, throw on forced induction hello single digits and 140mph+ trap speeds.  Different league of a car.  This is just on the LS3 (not counting Z06 / ZR1).

Just saying.  All are awesome rides but the Vette is a better platform to start off from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back