Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Jul 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #3,346 of 4,134
I wish I could play the guitar - it's always been one of my not so secret fantasies. I just don't seem to have *any* aptitude for musical instruments. I have no rhythm, I can't seem to move my left hand independently from my right hand and I have absolutely no memory for proper finger positions or even simple strumming patterns. In short - I can only look on in envy... :xf_eek:

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #3,348 of 4,134
Yes that's an exquisite grain pattern, congrats
beerchug.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #3,349 of 4,134
I wish I could play the guitar - it's always been one of my not so secret fantasies. I just don't seem to have *any* aptitude for musical instruments. I have no rhythm, I can't seem to move my left hand independently from my right hand and I have absolutely no memory for proper finger positions or even simple strumming patterns. In short - I can only look on in envy... :xf_eek:

You should just go to a pawn shop and buy a $50.00 guitar. Seriously anyone can play if they spend an hour a day for a couple of months. I can't play sports that well, I have absolutely no ability to dance either.

Just remember that everyone has that funny right hand, left hand coordination at first. It's ok for someone in the know to get you the best used guitar. It really doesn't matter if you buy an electric or an acoustic. You don't need books or lessons at first. Even if you get bad habits it's OK.

Many really great guitarists have their own self taught style and technique. Just hold on to the thing and mess with it when you watch TV. I promise in a month you will be making up your own songs. Anyone can do it.

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #3,350 of 4,134
Tubes have finally arrived in the household, now to start my collection of little glass bottles. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #3,354 of 4,134
Quote:

I remember this, it this come from a Civic Si?  I went thru few of the Si back in the days.

It's from a Civic Type-R not Si. 
I'll probably sell my turbo kit for some cams and individual throttle bodies. This will be my first time going all motor

My next purchase 
biggrin.gif
 .....  This will max out my credit card. 

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #3,355 of 4,134
Quote:
It's from a Civic Type-R not Si. 
I'll probably sell my turbo kit for some cams and individual throttle bodies. This will be my first time going all motor

My next purchase 
biggrin.gif
 .....  This will max out my credit card. 

Did you import that from Japan?  There isn't much Civic Type R here in the states.  

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #3,357 of 4,134
Jul 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #3,358 of 4,134
Quote:

JDM parts, do you know will it be legal?  Need to find a cheap Civic Si body to drop that puppy in, I always love the older generation of Civic Si.

This is going in my CRX it won't be driven on the roads just drag strip, and Minnesota has no smog check like California so it won't shouldn't be an issue. 
It will replace my LS vtec turbo. I lose a lot of traction with the LS vtec due to the massive torque from the turbo. Hopefully I'll get a better power curve with individual throttle bodies.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #3,359 of 4,134
Quote:
This is going in my CRX it won't be driven on the roads just drag strip, and Minnesota has no smog check like California so it won't shouldn't be an issue. 
It will replace my LS vtec turbo. I lose a lot of traction with the LS vtec due to the massive torque. Hopefully I'll get a better power curve with individual throttle bodies.

Wow, swapping out a more powerful engine to get better time.  I don't do drags but once a while I took my S2000 (before kids) to the NH tracks to have some fun.  One of my college buddy have an Integra Type R and I sit in the passenger seat once when we are on the track, he does scare the crap out of me, he is really good and later I found out he race in Thai but normally a granny can pass him on the street.

Jul 11, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #3,360 of 4,134
Quote:

Wow, swapping out a more powerful engine to get better time.  I don't do drags but once a while I took my S2000 (before kids) to the NH tracks to have some fun.  One of my college buddy have an Integra Type R and I sit in the passenger seat once when we are on the track, he does scare the crap out of me, he is really good and later I found out he race in Thai but normally a granny can pass him on the street.

I don't really race anymore, I'm older with two kids and a full time job, there's not much time for fun anymore. I'll only go once in awhile (after a substantial upgrade) to see if my time improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back