Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Aug 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #2,627 of 4,134
I havn't done any A/B swapping between the asus and the stello, but impressions from tracks I know well with the asus is that everything has a bit more air. I've also noticed some very subtle details on some tracks that I've never heard before. And I mean VERY subtle, nothing major. If I had to describe the sound of the stello vs asus with one word, it would be "cleaner".

The only downside to the sound I've noticed is that the asus had a bit more bass than the stello. Then again, the stello is brand new and I think I read somewhere it needs about 100 hours to sound "right", so hopefully that will change.

Other than that, I don't like that you have to install a driver if you're using a PC - it's not plug&play. The installation itself was dead easy, but I worry a bit about how future proof it is. Then again, windows 8 looks like it will sucks donkey nuts, so I'm sticking with windows 7 x64 :)

All in all, I can't see myself going back to the asus.

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #2,630 of 4,134

Pilot Vanishing Point fountain pen

Wow.

That looks really nice. I've been meaning to get a better fountain pen once too, though I've been scared away due to the prices and the fact that a lot of them don't support normal ink cartridges like the cheap fountain pens do.

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #2,631 of 4,134
Quote:
Wow.
That looks really nice. I've been meaning to get a better fountain pen once too, though I've been scared away due to the prices and the fact that a lot of them don't support normal ink cartridges like the cheap fountain pens do.

Well, better pens have higher prices, but no need to explain this on head-fi I think
tongue.gif

A lot of pens take 'international cartridges', most European pens use this and some others. I prefer converters, though so I use bottle inks. Piston fillers are even better, cos those hold more ink. And there are a few other systems too. You can even refill a cartridge with a syringe from an ink bottle for example. There are many ways
wink_face.gif

I don't know if you are familiar with it, but you can take a look at the 'fountain pen wikipedia' > FPN
But beware! It can be just as addicting as this place - or even more!

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #2,634 of 4,134
Well, better pens have higher prices, but no need to explain this on head-fi I think :p
A lot of pens take 'international cartridges', most European pens use this and some others. I prefer converters, though so I use bottle inks. Piston fillers are even better, cos those hold more ink. And there are a few other systems too. You can even refill a cartridge with a syringe from an ink bottle for example. There are many ways :wink_face:
I don't know if you are familiar with it, but you can take a look at the 'fountain pen wikipedia' > FPN
But beware! It can be just as addicting as this place - or even more!

Yeah, I have done some research before.
The thing I find so good about cartridges is that when your pen is empty while you're away from home (e.g. taking notes in college, or doing an exam), refilling it takes only a couple seconds and you don't need to carry around big bottles either.

There is a Parker shop in my uni's city, so I think for starters I'll just drop in there. Even if only to ask for advice.

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #2,635 of 4,134

Quote:

Good choice, I brought one of there a while back when I went through my pen collecting phase. Namiki/Pilot make great pens.

Well this is my 1st Pilot pen, but I think it won't be the last one! Japanese pens are great!

Quote:
Yeah, I have done some research before.
The thing I find so good about cartridges is that when your pen is empty while you're away from home (e.g. taking notes in college, or doing an exam), refilling it takes only a couple seconds and you don't need to carry around big bottles either.
There is a Parker shop in my uni's city, so I think for starters I'll just drop in there. Even if only to ask for advice.

Yes, cartridges have that advantage. It really depends on you and your usage.
Just for comparison, the short int. cart. holds 0.75 ml of ink, the long 1,45 ml. An average converter holds about as much as the short, a piston filler hold about as much as the long cartridge.

Aug 27, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #2,636 of 4,134
Whats better than getting 85% off a $150 pair of shoes?
Olu-kai hand made in Hawaii!

Getting a second pair of $175 shoes for %85 off!
and Ecco's!

Aug 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #2,638 of 4,134
Quote:
^I like those, i have several of their sandals, so comfy.  85% off! what a deal.

Blew mine and the sales rep's mind lol.
"How on earth did both of these make it past our side walk sale yesterday?"
I'm just generalizing 85% off, they were $150 and I got them for 30, the Eccos were $175 and I got them for 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back