Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Feb 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #2,041 of 4,134
Got this on Friday, just now got around to getting the pictures up:

Internal pic:

Which means..:

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #2,043 of 4,134
Everyone needs a giant full copper cooler so their motherboard almost breaks in half. IT'S MANDATORY. 

Quote:

Stock cooler? Nooooooo... *raises hands towards the sky* NOOOOOOOooo... At least get a cheap Coolermaster Hyper TX-2! Or even better, a Scythe Mugen 2. :D

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #2,044 of 4,134
since this is an audio forum everyone needs a cooler for their soundcard!

Feb 9, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #2,048 of 4,134

Quote:
Got this on Friday, just now got around to getting the pictures up:

Internal pic:

Nice. Was it a package deal or did you do the build? I brought an i5 2500k build to life last week. What CPU/GPU did you get?

Quote:
since this is an audio forum everyone needs a cooler for their soundcard!

LALs! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I don't think I ever posted the pics of my build.

Nice. Any plans to manage those cables? 
tongue.gif
 What CPU/GPU did you get?

I posted mine a few weeks ago, but what the heck. It took a lot of work and it will blend in nicely with this current page.

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #2,051 of 4,134
021ae7a7-1126-cb18.jpg

Been waiting for these! Two great singers, old and new.

021ae7a7-116f-5d17.jpg

My new keyboard, nothing fancy but slim and does the job. Finding it very enjoyable to type on.

Looking forward to spending more solely on CDs from now on... Ooh those Shure 1840s do look like such a good upgrade... Maybe I'll get them...

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #2,055 of 4,134
Heat is your PC's enemy.

There are many reasons for getting an aftermarket heat sink fan that I can think of off the top of my head. If you don't think you need one though, then you probably don't need one. Take for example: If you don't plan on using the computer for an extended lifetime or if you don't plan on overclocking. If neither of those apply to you and you still have (or want) a HSF, then it is just like anything else. You get one because you can.

Personally, I see it as a way to boost my performance, and in doing so, effectively increasing my investment's usable life. Why do people put plastic port hole stickers on their cars? That is a better question, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back