Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Nov 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #1,741 of 4,134
Quote:
Don't mind him, he's just a troll.

Anywho, I love your car! It's been a while since I've seen an E30 in that good condition. I was looking for 325is's as well but they were either automatic (ugh), high mileage or slightly rusty.

If i was, which im not, what does it make you. Some immature, unexperienced Head-fier?

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #1,743 of 4,134
Wow, you guys got problems (the two of you) all i asked is that mostly high schoolers put bars,etc on their car. I sent you this in a PM, but you dont want to be a man about it so here i am. Its still a great looking car, but i would just prefer it without bars, and droping it two inches.

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #1,744 of 4,134

Quote:
Have you tried the BlackWidow keyboard? In my experience, it is quality. It's also the cheapest mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches. The shiny plastic looks cheap but that's all.
I also have the DeathAdder which has wonderful ergonomics and also seems to be quite durable. Both of these I've owned for a year.
I don't like Logitech's stuff at all. Just as "poor" quality and terrible ergonomics IMO. 

Yes, we had this discussion quite a while ago. The Blackwidow almost threw me off mechanical keyboards for good. The off-puting raised profile on the keys numeric keys and the piano black finish (On a freaking keyboard) was a moronic idea. Not to mention they have a track record of their products simply dying after a few months, like the deathadder I had for six weeks before it decided left clicking was redundant and quit registering it. Got myself a Leopold with red switches for $80 shipped from the Geekhack.org classifieds and haven't looked back.

Meanwhile my MX518, while grubby, still functions perfectly. My logitech media keyboard I had back when Counter-strike was what I spent most of my time on is still working, and was only replaced by the previously mentioned Leopold.

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #1,745 of 4,134
Quote:
Wow, you guys got problems (the two of you) all i asked is that mostly high schoolers put bars,etc on their car. I sent you this in a PM, but you dont want to be a man about it so here i am. Its still a great looking car, but i would just prefer it without bars, and droping it two inches.

Last response to you - Strut and sway bars are mostly hidden from sight so I don't know why you would care if they were added or not!?  Their purpose is to stiffen the body of the car and reduce "body roll."  The purpose of the suspension drop is to lower the center of gravity and increase the spring rate.  The car is used for some daily driving, and SCCA/BMWCCA track racing.  Notice I went with 15" wheels and not chromed-out 18" bling-blings?  Every addition to the car has been done with the interest of gaining better performance or reducing weight.

I don't care what you think about it, I just don't like negative energy.  Saying that I have the problem is a little odd... see your original post to me.  

Bye.

Nov 6, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #1,746 of 4,134

Quote:
Yes, we had this discussion quite a while ago. The Blackwidow almost threw me off mechanical keyboards for good. The off-puting raised profile on the keys numeric keys and the piano black finish (On a freaking keyboard) was a moronic idea. Not to mention they have a track record of their products simply dying after a few months, like the deathadder I had for six weeks before it decided left clicking was redundant and quit registering it. Got myself a Leopold with red switches for $80 shipped from the Geekhack.org classifieds and haven't looked back.

Meanwhile my MX518, while grubby, still functions perfectly. My logitech media keyboard I had back when Counter-strike was what I spent most of my time on is still working, and was only replaced by the previously mentioned Leopold.

Isn't a Taiwanese-made Ducky cheaper? Unless the import costs are prohibitive outside of Asia.

Nov 6, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #1,748 of 4,134

Quote:
@Raguvian, just block him.  I already did, which is a shame because I have enjoyed a couple of his contributions, but I just don't have time in my life for negative people.

Ah, much better.

And who insults someone for putting swaybars on their car?
confused.gif

In fact, in high school, everyone I knew with a car did the opposite and just riced their cars with loud exhausts and flashy wheels.

On a related note, you've inspired me to stop spending money on audio and start saving for new sways, shocks and springs for my Miata. Too bad it'll cost the price of an LCD-2 and a decent DAC or amp.
mad.gif

Nov 6, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #1,750 of 4,134

Quote:
Which gen Miata do you own?  They're such fun track cars.

I've got an NC, the latest generation one. Mine is an '07, stock. The only thing I don't like about the car is the suspension tuning. Mazda was not thinking when they designed the suspension on this car. It's very underdamped and bounces and weaves like crazy when pushed. I want some Koni Yellow's with Bilstein springs which should give it a 1.5" drop, and hopefully make it handle better. I got my butt handed to me by two friends in Honda Preludes because the car would keep trying to slide and lose grip from all of the bouncing around. I haven't auto-x'ed the car yet because of the terrible suspension.

Plus the car looks like a 4x4 right now so it really needs to be lowered.

Nov 6, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #1,751 of 4,134
I agree with your assessment of the suspension.  Although the NC I drove I didn't push as hard as you likely have, it felt "off" compared to the previous two generations.  The wheel arches also look a little weird.  For some reason the NCs all look way too high from the factory.  There are so many great suspension kits out for the NC, I'm sure with a little time and money you can make it a great track-able car.

I close friend of mine has a gorgeous NA.  I truly love that car.

Nov 6, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #1,752 of 4,134

Quote:
I agree with your assessment of the suspension.  Although the NC I drove I didn't push as hard as you likely have, it felt "off" compared to the previous two generations.  The wheel arches also look a little weird.  For some reason the NCs all look way too high from the factory.  There are so many great suspension kits out for the NC, I'm sure with a little time and money you can make it a great track-able car.

I close friend of mine has a gorgeous NA.  I truly love that car.

Yep, there's a lot of nice kits out there but unfortunately they all are at least $800 or so. I'd be doing the installation so that's not a problem, but add on $300 at least for sway bars and it ends up costing over $1k, which is a lot of money, which is hard for me to justify as most of the time I ride my bicycle and leave the car in the garage.

I should see if I can get some used RX-8 sways bars for cheap instead of buying new swaybars...

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #1,753 of 4,134

Not trying to be a jerk but you bought a nice mountain bike to ride to school and work? Regardless, congrats on your purchase, got my 29er last year and love riding.
Quote:

Boom. Time to stop using that gas guzzler behind the bike and start riding to work and school.

Nov 7, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #1,755 of 4,134
Anyone compare a mountain bike to a cross cycling bike? The cross cycle fits me best as far as off road and on road,etc; but i need the durability of a mountain bike so im hoping anyone can clarify if they've been able to compare both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back