Post here if you would buy a Sansa Fuze if the build quality, battery life and screen were better.
Feb 11, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #17 of 34
I don't really care about the screen or build quality. I'd rather have it cost $80 than pay $200 for the same SQ with a prettier screen and a more solid feel.

I would like ROCKBOX though! Or Sansa could provide us with improved UI, gapless, good EQ, crossfeed, last.fm scrobbling, and folder browsing. I'd be happy with either
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd also like more battery life. 15 hours is enough, but more is always better.

Feb 11, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #18 of 34
I had a Fuze, I agree it needs a little work. Do some of the improvements mentioned and I'll get another 1.

1. Improve the screen and allow better than 20fps video playback (do the View, but CORRECT!!!)
2. Improve the battery life - self explanatory.
3. Improve the EQ - some of use DO like enhancements.
4. Build quality needs improvement - too easy to scratch (breathe on it, it's scratched).

Feb 18, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #19 of 34
so the sansas has no user adjustable EQ ?
that's a big turn off.

add: I currently use an iAudio U2, but I don't like its sound, everything I read here about the D2's crappy sound iexactly matches with the Cowon U2s.
But it has great file compatibility, and adjustable EQ.
Sansa is good with files as well, but lacking the eq.... not good.

Feb 18, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by selkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so the sansas has no user adjustable EQ ?
that's a big turn off.

add: I currently use an iAudio U2, but I don't like its sound, everything I read here about the D2's crappy sound iexactly matches with the Cowon U2s.
But it has great file compatibility, and adjustable EQ.
Sansa is good with files as well, but lacking the eq.... not good.

The EQ is there, but it sucks. The flat SQ is great though, so if you have headphones that you like, I doubt you'll need EQ.

Feb 18, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #21 of 34
Yep! Throw in a quality OLED screen and metal casing, and don't raise the price too much, and I'll go out and buy one as soon as I have enough money even though I already own an S639F!

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #23 of 34
Already got one, and personally I don't think build quality, battery life or screen has any issue. I do agree that firmware should be more intuitive and perhaps the video conversion / playback can be easier as well, but those are minor issue. Coming from a iriver clix2 8GB, I doubt the capacity (8GB Fuze + 8GB uSD), get a slightly better SQ, and most of all, spent less than half of what I paid for clix2 - I couldn't ask for more, though I do miss the AMOLED screen on clix2 from time to time.

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really care about the screen or build quality. I'd rather have it cost $80 than pay $200 for the same SQ with a prettier screen and a more solid feel.

+1

...Adding, I'd trade cosmetic improvements for increased internal storage capacity. A 16gb Fuze to pair with a 16gb uSD wouldn't suck at all.

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #25 of 34
I acquired a Fuze and the whole package didnt agree with me. I think the semi-weird interface was most of it, but the funny screen and EQ that diminishes frequencies instead of augmenting them wasnt for me.
I went with the iriver Clix- OLED screen, beautiful 4click interface, album art, great sound.

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #28 of 34
If it had AM radio and to a lesser degree, more battery life then I would purchase it this instant.

Feb 23, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #30 of 34
I think the Fuze just needs better firmware and a better interface (better EQ wouldn't hurt but the player sounds great as is. AM radio would be nice but not necessary). I think *all* portable devices need better batteries, but hey...

I fixed the scratching issue with a ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD. Works fine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back