Post a picture of your Headphone Rig.
May 26, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #451 of 1,639
mainerig3.jpg

Posted this in another thread but Lisa pointed out this is the main thread...so forgive the double post.

The centerpiece is the gift of the Pimeta Home from JMT.

I swapped my buddy's kids a bunch of Halo figures for the Hulk headphone stand.

This is my only hifi headphone rig up here in Maine (or NY) and it's right by my bed. It is proving much needed morning and evening bliss. During the day too while I work online.

On my next trip to NY I plan on grabbing my set of Outlaws to upgrade the AR ICs I'm using now.

The source is the Toshiba 3950 that everybody over at AA was raving about I got for $50 at Best Buy.

The cans are Senn590s that I paid way too much for at J&R when I was headphone-less but I love them.

John

May 27, 2004 at 9:29 PM Post #452 of 1,639
This is my current headphone system. I have a new amp being built by Mikhail right now and will be upgrading my CDP also this summer. The phones will stay the same for awhile. HD650/Zu, Cary 306/200, and Singlepower SDS amp. Cableing is Bogdan silver spirit reference and power cords are Lat International AC2. The tubes in there now are the KenRad VT-231(black glass) and two Sylvania VT-231s. A really great system that will be much better by the end of summer.
tongue.gif

1068198TomCarysetup504b0002.jpg

Jun 1, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #453 of 1,639
Very crappy picture but I finally got my home listening set-up to become actually acceptable (organization wise) I'm still looking for my first nice home amp.
organized.jpg

Whoever thought to use a banana hanger for headphone storage was pure genius.

Right now my rig consists of Sony Je530 MD deck, Technics SL-PC505 5 disc Changer.

Old school all around :p but it's sounding nice with my Ath-A500's.

Jun 1, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #454 of 1,639
My current "rig" (the digital part anyway)...

rig1.jpg

Being PC-based, the source is invisible (M-Audio Delta AP 2496 sound card inside the PC). The cute little amp is the new Headsave Home-Vibe (that's a battery pack behind it... IC's are Outlaw PCA). My Headsave Ultra Meta42 is at least temporarily retired to the closet, until I decide whether to sell it or use it elsewhere.

And no, I'm not selling any DVD's...
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #455 of 1,639
Well, it ain't much, but it suits my purposes well enough.
system.jpg

Stax, Denon, Marantz, Parasound, although the cans and can stand have changed. It's now 404's, rather than L-P's, and if you followed a can stand thread, I created:
stand3.jpg

working out well.

Jun 3, 2004 at 2:11 AM Post #458 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkclouds
Meech, that Maestro looks awesome!

Swap my Stealth for your Maestro for a week
wink.gif

Thanks for the compliment.

I have to tell you, it would take an entire army to get me to part with my Maestro anytime soon.
wink.gif

How do you like your Stealth?

Jun 3, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #459 of 1,639
Actually, I love the Stealth. I can't imagine anything out there sounding better with my HD650 than the Stealth. Then there's the fantastic preamp section to boot. Despite all what I've just said, I must admit to really liking the look of you Maestro. That Maestro just looks massive! Would look great with ASL's new 1009 845 dt monos. check it out:

http://www.divertech.com/aq1009dt.html

Jun 3, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #460 of 1,639
Quote:

Actually, I love the Stealth. I can't imagine anything out there sounding better with my HD650 than the Stealth. Then there's the fantastic preamp section to boot. Despite all what I've just said, I must admit to really liking the look of you Maestro. That Maestro just looks massive! Would look great with ASL's new 1009 845 dt monos. check it out:

http://www.divertech.com/aq1009dt.html

That's so ironic that you should mention those monoblocks. I swear I was just looking at them yesterday. I think the aq1006 version is a little more affordable but it has only one 845 tube. They both look very nice ! I actually heard the aq1009's at the Home Entertainment show in NYC. They are a fantanstic pair of amps with an extremely natural sound.

I too love the Maestro as a stereo pre-amp. I was forced to listen to it as a pre-amp exclusively for a week and a half while my 650s were being repair. The Maestro made the wait a breeze. It has totally transformed my stereo setup. I heard the Stealth at the NYC meet and I was very impressed with it. Very airy sound with tons of detail. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Jun 3, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #461 of 1,639
Agreed, I don't think you can go wrong with either the Stealth or the Maestro. I think I'd definitely choose one over the other if either one had a remote. Man, I'm a lazy ass.
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2004 at 3:10 AM Post #462 of 1,639
Quote:

Agreed, I don't think you can go wrong with either the Stealth or the Maestro. I think I'd definitely choose one over the other if either one had a remote. Man, I'm a lazy ass.
tongue.gif

Ditto !!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted a remote so bad! Oh well, we can't have everything!
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2004 at 2:51 PM Post #464 of 1,639
You're welcome Darkclouds, thanks for the great pics. BTW, that takes the total number of images in the galleries to 1406 images!!...
dude.gif

Jul 1, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #465 of 1,639

Users who are viewing this thread

Back