Post a pic of your bedroom
Mar 3, 2004 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16
I don't know if this is too invasive to ask, but I'm planning on re-decorating my bedroom, changing/replacing furniture, etc. and I need some new ideas and inspiration, and was wondering if anyone would care to post pictures of their bedrooms? If you don't feel comfortable doing that, then I completely understand.

Oh also, are there any good websites to get cool ideas for small rooms? My bedroom is 11' x 12'.

Thanks guys. Take care.

Mar 3, 2004 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 16
Watch the DIY network, or Changing Rooms on BBC. Also, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy does some pretty cool redecorating. You can probably get some good tips on their respective websites.

Mar 3, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by spaceman
Watch the DIY network, or Changing Rooms on BBC. Also, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy does some pretty cool redecorating. You can probably get some good tips on their respective websites.

DIY network my butt! I've never seen them demonstrate on how to build and tweak a META 42.
mad.gif

Mar 3, 2004 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 16
http://www.google.com/search?q=bedro...utf-8&oe=utf-8

1] my bedroom has the bed, 1 torche lamp and a small clock radio on the opposite side of the room. that's it. no headboard. California King over box springs over rails. no pictures on the walls. no curtains. (have blinds). no tv. no phone.

most people are shifting everything into their walk-in closets.

2] if you get married the wife will decorate it for you for free.
biggrin.gif

I say go with a theme, like tropical, nordic, french provincial, italian, swiss, japanese, religious alfresco, etc.

start with the Sunday papers and go to the furniture stores and see how they set up their showrooms.

go to the library and pick up a few books.

are you a wood or metal person? what is your favourite colour? etc.

Mar 3, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 16
Go for a Fred Flintstone theme. Everything made out of boulders.
biggrin.gif

I get lots of great ideas watching those shows already mentioned. Plus, you might want to check out Monster House for some real unique decorating tips.

Mar 3, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by sapphiremodena
I don't know if this is too invasive to ask, but I'm planning on re-decorating my bedroom, changing/replacing furniture, etc. and I need some new ideas and inspiration, and was wondering if anyone would care to post pictures of their bedrooms? If you don't feel comfortable doing that, then I completely understand.

Oh also, are there any good websites to get cool ideas for small rooms? My bedroom is 11' x 12'.

Thanks guys. Take care.

It won't be any good looking at pics of my room for inspiration
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Born2bwire
DIY network my butt! I've never seen them demonstrate on how to build and tweak a META 42.
mad.gif

He isn't inquiring about amps.........bedroom redecorating!
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #9 of 16
i say go for most accomodating.

if i had a room to myself (curse you freshman dorm policy!!!) i would set it around my hifi rig. I would have these things super accessible but also in a place where they will be easily organized and well placed. I like a simple room, not boring but simple. i hate it when there's too much crap on the walls. A few well thought out posters (i mean images, not going to Chicago and tacking Tuberoller up on the wall or something) or decorations and there you go.

comfort is most important, get a chair you like to look at, but love to sit in!

Mar 4, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #11 of 16
This is my bedroom of late:

sounddesk1.jpg

I haven't had a day off since Feb 22nd.

And before you ask, those are v6's in the center of the picture.

Mar 4, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #13 of 16
my bedroom is my office and livingroom and kitchen.. and pretty much everything except bathroom
tongue.gif

Mar 4, 2004 at 11:49 PM Post #15 of 16
Tell me... who else here has a genuine Lifebelt hanging their bedroom wall?

I always like to be cautious. You never can tell what's gonna happen
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back