Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Apr 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,711 of 5,379
I just ordered an AT92E cartridge for my p-mount Denon... I'm afraid the stylus on the Ortofon that came with it is going. A lot of folks say the 92E is a good budget cartridge and based on the same generator at the 95E 1/2 mount and the Linn K9. Excited! :D 

May 2, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #1,716 of 5,379
I have the larger version of that stand in my garage. You'd actually be surprised how sturdy it is (if it's the same one, think I got it at Home Depot).

May 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #1,717 of 5,379
I'm currently only pouring pennies into my setup until I find that better college job that pays more that probably doesn't exist. I'm not worried as much about upgrading the stand though I appreciate the concern. Eventually when my living situation stabalizes I'm going for wall-mounting. 

Meanwhile as long as I'm not walking around in the room very little in the way of extra vibration is transfered to the turntable. Hard to walk around with headphones on :p 

May 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #1,718 of 5,379
Hi RambinE, I don't know if you are able to get the end caps off of the legs?

If you can, fill the legs with lead shot / lead pellets / pennies / BB's / sand or anything else that is heavy.

You want the stand to be heavy, putting a butchers block on top will only make the stand top heavy.

May 3, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #1,721 of 5,379
Quote:
Just got the AT92E in this afternoon. Skipping class to do some homework and break the cartridge in. For $20? I'm LOVING IT SO FAR. Very listenable with my K701s, which HATE bad sources. 

Oh man killer LP! I have the same one
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #1,723 of 5,379
Quote:
It is! I've got a lot of post-rock on my PC but I'm looking to expand that collection via vinyl as well. 

If I was you I'd be getting on the pre-order list for the repress of "Shels  Plains of the Purple Buffalo". They only did 300 copies of the original pressing. This pressing is being done this month and probably shipped later in the month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0sg6UrQjC4

http://www.ccnow.com/cgi-local/cart.cgi?shelsmusic_SHELS-ALBUM6_continue-page

Probably my second favorite album of all time. The whole thing is just an epic journey.

May 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #1,724 of 5,379
Hi Folks,  Thought I would share my pride and joy. This is a highly modded VPI MKV
smily_headphones1.gif
. Hope you like.

May 4, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #1,725 of 5,379
Quote:
Hi Folks,  Thought I would share my pride and joy. This is a highly modded VPI MKV
smily_headphones1.gif
. Hope you like.

Spectacular Rique!! Have you passed that photo on to Mat Weisfeld? He would love to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back