Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
May 4, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #1,727 of 5,383
Quote:

Spectacular Rique!! Have you passed that photo on to Mat Weisfeld? He would love to see it.

Like you like. Had not thought of showing it to Mat.
blink.gif

May 6, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #1,728 of 5,383
Here's a picture of my girl.  Since the 'real' girlfriend and I called it quits recently, it's just me and my beautiful Rega now.

Oh, but how she is in desperate need of love of companionship as much anyone!  See how sad she looks?  Every day I get that same sullen look;  *sigh*  "Would it be too much to hope that you might've settled on speakers at least yet? ...don't think I don't see how obvious this growing vinyl collection here is only meant to torment me."

May 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #1,729 of 5,383

This is my TT.  It is on a better stand now.  I will keep it because it sounds good and I really like the feature it has where the tonearm lifts up and the motor turns off at the end of playing an album side.  I don't have the opportunity to AB it with a VPI classic, but I wonder how much better a $3000 TT would sound with a $1000 cartridge.   Any thoughts?  

May 6, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #1,730 of 5,383
Quote:

This is my TT.  It is on a better stand now.  I will keep it because it sounds good and I really like the feature it has where the tonearm lifts up and the motor turns off at the end of playing an album side.  I don't have the opportunity to AB it with a VPI classic, but I wonder how much better a $3000 TT would sound with a $1000 cartridge.   Any thoughts?  

A $3000 TT with a 1500$ cartridge and some record flattening accessories would sound really much better. Cartridge technology has improved considerably in the last 10 years specially the manufacturing process. New materiales and computerized solderings as well as other hight tech controls.  A quailty turntable such as the one I have a VPI MKV can be had cheap from ebay and upgraded or you can get a scout or the like. There are also some other great brands are great prices like Rega, Avid, Linn,.... Conclusion. You can get much better sound that what you are getting right now.

May 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #1,731 of 5,383
Here's a picture of my girl.  Since the 'real' girlfriend and I called it quits recently, it's just me and my beautiful Rega now.

Oh, but how she is in desperate need of love of companionship as much anyone!  See how sad she looks?  Every day I get that same sullen look;  *sigh*  "Would it be too much to hope that you might've settled on speakers at least yet? ...don't think I don't see how obvious this growing vinyl collection here is only meant to torment me."

I know that look. I get the same one from my TT when 'other wife' wants to watch TV. :D

May 6, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #1,733 of 5,383
Nice CrazyRay!  That wood dustcover is incredible!  Must be nice to lift that up.

So I paid twice what this will be worth when it's released in a few weeks, but I got me a Record Store Day release.

It joins my original copy, along with an original CD and the re-released 2 CD and DVD set.  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back