Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
May 23, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #571 of 5,380
Yeah I will never go back to using anything other than a transformer to provide MC gain.

May 23, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #572 of 5,380
Some amazing things in here, wow.

I figured I would ask here.

I don't know much about turn tables but my dads 50th is coming soon and he has a decent collection of lps and his cheap turn table took a dump a while back. I was thinking of buying him one. Budget is not much I am afraid... $1000 without shipping, and it would need a cover of some kind-we have cats.

Is it even worth it to buy one in this price? The rest of his setup will get an upgrade not too far down.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

May 23, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #573 of 5,380
There are plenty of good options in that price range that will sound a lot better than the one that's now dead.

Is this budget for just the TT or TT, Cart, and Phono stage?

Quote:
Some amazing things in here, wow.
I figured I would ask here.
I don't know much about turn tables but my dads 50th is coming soon and he has a decent collection of lps and his cheap turn table took a dump a while back. I was thinking of buying him one. Budget is not much I am afraid... $1000 without shipping, and it would need a cover of some kind-we have cats.
Is it even worth it to buy one in this price? The rest of his setup will get an upgrade not too far down.
Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

May 23, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #574 of 5,380
Sony HP-219a
Still going through several repairs though... still waiting for a audio angel here in my country to resurrect this guy

needed some cleaning as well

Speakers that comes with this

No chance to save this though... the speakers are 100% dead... the MDF wood soaked up with moisture and shattered badly...
Only the wood vinyl holding them up~

Some good vinyl disc I've inherited as well... needs cleaning too

This was from my late uncle and since my aunt find it a waste corroding inside the storeroom, she decided to gave it to me instead.

Though it is still dead but it's my very first vinyl player so I'm still having high hopes on getting this to work...

I gotta say... this could possibly be the largest vinyl player among the pics I see you guys have... like srsly... super huge and heavy... I have no idea where can I put this other than the floor in the middle of the hallroom :p

May 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #575 of 5,380
I hope you will not take offense, but I would not spend much money getting that working again, unless you have significant sentimental attachment to it.  That's not a high quality turntable.

May 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #576 of 5,380
no offense taken... I would just want to get it to work.

While there are many turntables out there worth the money but still... I'm better off with the direction of 'sentimental value'
who knows I might inherit this further down?.

May 23, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #577 of 5,380
Yeah I will never go back to using anything other than a transformer to provide MC gain.

I just re-checked the specs and the B-283 won't work anyways. The input sensitivity is 500mV.

Now reading up on MC step-up transformers:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/stepup/primer.html
:rolleyes:

May 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #578 of 5,380
Thanks guys, for the further emptying of my wallet:

Simple, seems tailor-made for the 103 series, and found one used with a re-tippable 103 cartridge for a little less than new.

May 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #579 of 5,380
Quote:

Keep the fingers off the grooves at all times!

biggrin.gif

May 23, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #580 of 5,380
My modest but well balanced headphone station.

May 23, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #581 of 5,380
sorry double post

May 23, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #582 of 5,380
Nice golgi, that looks like the new *to me* deck that I am putting together now. It's a tank! I just got the dust cover, and am waiting for a hinge bracket, as well as my preamp and now a step-up transformer to get a listen, almost there. Mine is the SL1200 Mk2, and the deck is silver. Are there other differences?

May 23, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #583 of 5,380

Here's my very modest turntable/audio setup. The phono is a Technics SL-BD22 connected to a Technics Integrated SU-G75 amp. Headphones are Denon D5Ks. My other amp is a millet starving student hybrid, connected currently to a Fiio D3 DAC. Looking for possible ways to upgrade my current turntable situation without spending an exorbitant amount of money. Any suggestions? 
smile_phones.gif

Edit: Forgot to note that everything on the TT is stock. Looking for maybe a stylus to help in dust protection because no matter how well I keep my LPs, they always seem to accumulate dust from somewhere.

May 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #584 of 5,380
I'm no expert but I think the difference between the SL1200 and SL1210 is just color as long as they are both MK2.  If they are the MK5 or other variant then I think there may be differences.  Not sure what they are however. 

I've been very happy with it and have no plans to replace it.  So far it's stock other than an additional mat.  I've been thinking about modding it some.  FYI, I found this forum to be full of good information about these turntables- http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewforum.php?f=16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back