Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
May 2, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #541 of 5,376
Yep, I have a Scoutmaster and love it. Fantastic TT. It produces the deepest black background I have ever heard from a TT.

May 4, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #545 of 5,376
Quote:
Reminds me...I want that Kind of Blue box set...

don't do it, man.
that box set is riddled with problems.
the discs are housed by a piece of cardboard that actually scratches them.  i bought and returned 3 of these box sets before i gave up on getting a scratch-free version.
not to mention many reports of the blue vinyl having lots of bubbles and imperfections.

May 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #546 of 5,376
don't do it, man.
that box set is riddled with problems.
the discs are housed by a piece of cardboard that actually scratches them.  i bought and returned 3 of these box sets before i gave up on getting a scratch-free version.
not to mention many reports of the blue vinyl having lots of bubbles and imperfections.

That REALLY sucks...I wanted that vinyl...

May 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #547 of 5,376
i know.
i have the 180 gram pressing.  but i wanted it in blue, too.
kind of blue on blue vinyl.  duh!!!  
redface.gif

May 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #548 of 5,376
Yeah, I have the 180gram 2011 pressing. I would bet money that the spindle hole is dead center, there is zero lateral movement when the needle is tracking.

@ProcessJunkie, thanks again for the compliments.

May 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #549 of 5,376
Would someone inform me exactly what one would need if starting their turntable journey? I always find turntables on Craigslist and they look simply fantastic (anything wood really haha).

I know you need a phonograph but how would you connect that to say...bifrost/lyr/HD650? I've always been so curious. Something about turntables seem fascinating and well, it just seems so perfect seeing an actual vinyl spin next to you.

May 5, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #551 of 5,376
I have others but this one has been doing sterling duty for a while now:

Dunlop Systemdek Transcription (refurbed), SME Series III, customised Shure M75ED (Gyger FG11 stylus amongst other mods)

May 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #555 of 5,376
My deck, updated pics with latest cartridge....

The Voyd (3 motor) turntable with Reference Lexan platter and Reference bearing
Alphason HR100S arm wired with Kondo fairy wire and Kondo KSL-Vz arm cable
Transfiguration Orpheus cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back