Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Apr 16, 2011 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5,377

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus

As far as source components go these are both old fashion and new. The turntable is made of many materials and is configured in many ways. They would have to be the oldest way of producing music in the home along with musical instruments. They end up being very fascinating for some and can be frustrating for many. Post your table photographs if you own one.

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #2 of 5,377
I was hoping for "Post photographs of your phonographs" :D

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 5,377

Quote:
^^^ Doesn't it melt your vinyl , i've heard they get pretty hot.

Yeah I know, any song longer than 30 some seconds usually makes a mess all over the platter. It's become pretty expensive to replace. It also emits a LOT of hum.

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #7 of 5,377
How about just the needle:

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 5,377

Quote:
@KuKuBuKu is it balanced? But with the topic mentioned I would like to save up for a Rega RP1 after I buy some essentials for collage
smily_headphones1.gif
haha

Unfortunateley not, but seeing as turntable cartriges are naturally balanced, I may reterminate it. As normal RCA has only two connectors, and XLRs have six, I expect the XLRs to be 3 times better sounding than single ended.

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #9 of 5,377

Technics SL-1200M3D. Sorry for the crappy pic from my iPhone. 

@Redcarmoose, what record clamp is that? I'm looking for a cheap record clamp or weight. Any recommendations? 

Apr 25, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #11 of 5,377

@Redcarmoose, what record clamp is that? I'm looking for a cheap record clamp or weight. Any recommendations? 

I'm going to be in the market for an SL-1200 soon too and I've been looking at some of the parts from KAB and soundhifi. KAB seems like they have a pretty good clamp for the SL-1200 as well as the very interesting fluid dampening if you plan to keep the stock tonearm.

Apr 25, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #12 of 5,377
Old VPI HW-19 Jr with a couple upgrades.  Including the first generation VPI Memorial arm.

Old Grado Sonata cartridge.

Soon to be put back in service after about a ten year hiatus.  I can't wait.

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #13 of 5,377

Quote:
I'm going to be in the market for an SL-1200 soon too and I've been looking at some of the parts from KAB and soundhifi. KAB seems like they have a pretty good clamp for the SL-1200 as well as the very interesting fluid dampening if you plan to keep the stock tonearm.

I was thinking of getting the KAB clamp. There's a KAB clap for cheaper and with a bubble level on Music Direct, which I find ironic. The one with the bubble level isn't even mentioned on KAB's website. Fluid damping seems cool and I'll check that out when I have more monies. Looking at a tonearm rewire too but I don't want to have to send my table so far.

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #14 of 5,377

Quote:
Old VPI HW-19 Jr with a couple upgrades.  Including the first generation VPI Memorial arm.

Old Grado Sonata cartridge.

Soon to be put back in service after about a ten year hiatus.  I can't wait.

How are you liking the Grado Sonata? I have to admit, I have a bit of a Grado fetish. 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #15 of 5,377

Quote:

It is the standard el cheepo VPI plastic one. You can also get heavy chrome ones from VPI on their web site. You need a screw spindle to screw it onto with the plastic one. You could check the heavy chrome ones may not thread down I don't know? I always see heavy weights that fit universal tables on E-bay. You probably don't need to worry what the weight is as you table motor could churn ice-cream. I had two of those at one time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back