Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Dec 21, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #3,707 of 5,380

Nice!  Clean and neat.  Bet it sounds excellent.

Word.  Yeah, it's got this pretty straight forward approach in sound presentation, which I attribute to the phono and headphone amp. Then there's the 650 sound.  Then there's the Grado Sonata sound.  It seems to work, or blend well together enough that I like it without even having to try.  Leads to long listens.

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #3,709 of 5,380
I don't have any problems reading or comprehending. Fullnine is quoting me from weeks ago. So wow. You must feel really well right now for catching me on something I don't quite remember from way back. Kudos.

And again, you try writing in Dutch, or German or French and wait for the reaction how you come across... I am trying very hard on my language, in a foreign language, and you manage to read what I don't intend. Again, very nice.

On the other hand, reading my own comment weeks later let's me read it from a distance and now I see what you mean. Using the word "savvy" isn't very fortunate here and it does set a trend. That was not my intention. I was primarily thinking about using the right words, spelling, grammar and after all that try to think what I am trying to say. When I compare my own writing to the British magazines I normally read I do feel very inept. But said C-net review does come across as very casual. So casual that it has hardly any substance. So mayby the way I say it leaves room for improvement, but that doesn't change quality of the review(s on C-net).
I did read it again. If he has been writing for 15 years (freelance writer for Home Theater, Inner Fidelity, Tone Audio, and Stereophile) and manages to come up with something like this really makes me wonder. "Pioneer's new super-solid PLX-1000 turntable shakes up the Audiophiliac." I suppose I'm no 'audiophiliac' because his review doesn't move me at all.

Lame excuses and more back pedaling. Enjoy the holidays.

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #3,710 of 5,380
<snipzilla>

And again, you try writing in Dutch, or German or French and wait for the reaction how you come across... I am trying very hard on my language, in a foreign language, and you manage to read what I don't intend. Again, very nice.

<clip-a-roo>

My adoration for, and the allure and appreciation of music will transcend any language and any turntable. (Okay, almost any ....)

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #3,713 of 5,380
Impressive!

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #3,717 of 5,380

New addition ? 
biggrin.gif
 Sweet !

I do not remember (or have forgotten ? ) the Bang & Olufsen table - which model, which cart ? Anything else changed ?

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #3,719 of 5,380
  Hi analogsurviver, I always had the Bang & Olufsen (it is a RX2 with MMC4 cartridge).
It is on the bottom shelf, kinda hidden, that is why you probably do not remember it.

Mea culpa... forgot this one, bottom or top shelf... How does it sound in comparison to the other tables ? I am *familiar* with Empire - but not with V15IV, familiar with SME & Carnegie One - but NOT together - and familiar with "upside-down Transcriptors" ( Gyrodec) only from the pictures. 

But that chair ... - forgot how it is called or who designed it - did not forget I am jealous about it  
atsmile.gif

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #3,720 of 5,380
Hi analogsurviver, I love the sound of all of my tables, the empire is strictly used for headphones (beautiful deck — lots of punch on the bass and lovely highs).

I use the Bang & Olufsen for records that sound too bright on the GyroDec, the Bang & Olufsen lessens the brightness and smooths out the highs beautifully.
The GyroDec is a delight with jazz and on the better recorded rock music. 

The chair is an Eames Lounge Chair (designed by Charles and Ray Eames for the Herman Miller furniture company) in 1956.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back