Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Aug 30, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #3,361 of 5,383
  A stylish window display:
De 9 Straatjes, Amsterdam, 18 Aug. 2014, 4:23 PM.
It was spinning at 33 1/3 rpm and making me very hungry!

atsmile.gif

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #3,362 of 5,383
A stylish window display:
De 9 Straatjes, Amsterdam, 18 Aug. 2014, 4:23 PM.
It was spinning at 33 1/3 rpm and making me very hungry!

I'll take that one........which one?........that one...............that one?...........no that one!

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #3,364 of 5,383
Impressive!

Please tell us more.

popcorn.gif

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #3,366 of 5,383

eek.gif
stunning

please tell some more, what cartridge are you using, how does it compare with other TT you had?   Thanks!

Hi! 
The one pictured is Ortofon 2M Black mounted on Audiomods tonearm (both sold now). I also used Ortofon MC Windfeld, great cartridge in every respect for any type of music jazz, blues, rock, vocals.
I can't compare it much with other turntables in the same price range, except for SME 10 (witch I considered initially) and TW. I wasn't impressed with SME 10 though, the sound was lifeless to me and I've listened to it on a few occasions. Dr.Feickert is a totally different story, it plays any type of music with authority and has great speed stability. Maybe design of the Dr.Feickert is not for everyone's taste, but to me it's on of the best looking TT on the market and it's built like a tank ) The option of mounting 2 tonearms is also great.

Sep 7, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #3,368 of 5,383
I guess this begs some questions.
smile.gif

What tonearm are you using now?

Plans for the second tonearm?  Cartridge?

I must read more about the Feickert and get educated.

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #3,369 of 5,383
  I guess this begs some questions.
smile.gif

What tonearm are you using now?

Plans for the second tonearm?  Cartridge?

I must read more about the Feickert and get educated.

For the moment the second arm is 12" JELCO (not mounted yet) and I'm planning to upgrade the stock headshell with Acoustical Systems Arché headshell (http://www.arche-headshell.de/the-arché/)
As for the cartridge I'm still thinking, but I'd be looking for more down to earth options like Dynavector DV-20 X2 for example. Don't get me wrong, the Windfeld is a fantastic pickup (I really miss it), but it's repair cost is 1700 Euro (check the Ortofon site), so don't want to face such risk anymore ))

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #3,370 of 5,383
Sep 13, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #3,372 of 5,383
Bamboo Turntable

I have a Facebook friend who is heavily into DIY - particularly speakers, more particularly still anything connected with woodworking.

Today he posted this : http://de.schiller-phono.de/ready-made

( even to non-German speaking readers, there are more pics - which tell more than 1000 words;  ) 

As my country is too small ( 2M souls ) for the IKEA to consider having a retail outlet here, the nearest is in Klagenfurt, Austria. I go there maybe twice a year - max. And yes, I would have come to the very same idea if I saw these bamboo pieces lying around... The cutting desk is still available at EUR 14.99, but the round part used to make the platter and "wok forceps/pliers" for the tonearm are sold out - the last vestiges of it I could find as a sold out ebay.de item  ( last available at EUR 29.90 + shipping - "platter" weighs 3.5 kg ! ) . See what luck you have in your neck of IKEA woods.

This cutting desk could also easily be used as a turntable support - just add 4 feet of your choice ...

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #3,373 of 5,383
Perfect for exotica records.

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #3,374 of 5,383
For more bamboo:  http://www.triartaudio.com/gallery/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back