Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Dec 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #2,701 of 5,385
SME IV

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #2,702 of 5,385
  let's try this again,

Nicely presented, s4s4s4. I really like the angle of the tone-arm in this pix; could watch for hours... listening to music of course! 
normal_smile .gif

Dec 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #2,706 of 5,385
Dec 20, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #2,707 of 5,385
Looks like a fantastic night in SA!

My listening sessions are often reserved in advance. And going in I've a pretty good idea if I'll be spending time with the TT, Music Server or a little of both. That said, even when it's Digital's turn, the right photograph in this thread can upset the Peach cart. 

And who doesn't like
tongue_smile.gif
a Southern Peach Cobblah?!

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #2,708 of 5,385
I got to listen to the Funk LSD (Little Super Deck) with a Sumiko Blue Point Special EVO III last week. It was on the same top line all ARC system that had been using an SME 20/3 with a Lyra Atlas when I was listening to the Vandersteen Model 7's. Remarkable how this deck and cartridge held up to a combo 9 times their price. They were run through an ARC LS-1 rather than the Ref 2SE Phono and still sounded great with several of the same album tracks for demoing.

The Funk designer was the brains behind the Pink Triangle table. Long vinyl history. Anyone else heard this table yet?

http://www.thefunkfirm.co.uk/turntables/LIttle_Super_Deck.html

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #2,709 of 5,385
  Looks like a fantastic night in SA!

My listening sessions are often reserved in advance. And going in I've a pretty good idea if I'll be spending time with the TT, Music Server or a little of both. That said, even when it's Digital's turn, the right photograph in this thread can upset the Peach cart. 

And who doesn't like
tongue_smile.gif
a Southern Peach Cobblah?!

Are Blueberry Buckle for that matter?

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #2,710 of 5,385

Are Blueberry Buckle for that matter?

Or 'Winter Cobblah'... bring on the homemade French Vanilla Ice cream/Custard! Either way, reared back from all the holiday snacks and fixin's, watching an LP go round-and-round is about the best one could do sometimes.
ksc75smile.gif
 And it will force one to get up!

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #2,711 of 5,385
Icecream in winter? Peaches in winter? You should try my stewed pear with raisins and ginger. Bet you never tried that before! :D You need a special sort of pears for that, very hard and rather sour and stew it (not cook!) for about 8 hours, with a lot of sugar. Now there is something to eat to help you appreciate winter. This is a perfect picture of what it should look like.

I havent seen or heard the Funk little super deck, but like all Funky stuff I bet it sounds great.

Now I need to get back on soldering my new little phono amp...

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #2,712 of 5,385
Icecream in winter? Peaches in winter? You should try my stewed pear with raisins and ginger. Bet you never tried that before!
biggrin.gif
You need a special sort of pears for that, very hard and rather sour and stew it (not cook!) for about 8 hours, with a lot of sugar. Now there is something to eat to help you appreciate winter.

I havent seen or heard the Funk little super deck, but like all Funky stuff I bet it sounds great.

That sounds like a unique winter dessert! I'm sure it tastes great. So, what's cookin' on the bench? Have you ever built or heard the Cornet2 Phono amp? I built it not too long ago and enjoy it very much, but I'm curious how it compares to others :)

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #2,713 of 5,385
No, I'm not versed enough for making my own. I'm just modifying a Chinese 2x12AX7 tube phono. Yhe Yaqin MS22B. It cost me €150 incl shipping (about $200), but it will sound fabulous once modified. I have done one before (sold it already) and I know what holds it back: caps and bad earthing layout. I have found some nice Sangamo and Vitamin Q caps and milspec coax to help it on its way. And of course some nice old stock tubes.

I plan to use it for the Decca.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #2,714 of 5,385
No, I'm not versed enough for making my own. I'm just modifying a Chinese 2x12AX7 tube phono. Yhe Yaqin MS22B. It cost me €150 incl shipping (about $200), but it will sound fabulous once modified. I have done one before (sold it already) and I know what holds it back: caps and bad earthing layout. I have found some nice Sangamo and Vitamin Q caps and milspec coax to help it on its way. And of course some nice old stock tubes.

I plan to use it for the Decca.

It just so happens I still have my Yaqin MS-12b :) if you wouldn't mind sharing some notes I would really appreciate it. I have always wanted to tinker with it, namely bypassing the potentiometer, upgrade caps, and maybe some chokes or something. I currently have NOS Mullards throughout and I am loving the vivid midrange coming out of it :)

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #2,715 of 5,385
Icecream in winter? Peaches in winter? You should try my stewed pear with raisins and ginger. Bet you never tried that before!
biggrin.gif
You need a special sort of pears for that, very hard and rather sour and stew it (not cook!) for about 8 hours, with a lot of sugar. Now there is something to eat to help you appreciate winter. This is a perfect picture of what it should look like.

biggrin.gif
 It's quite possible you may have overlooked my location. Thanks for providing a pix of your pears delight - though not my kind of dessert. Thought I was going to enjoy vinyl tonight but got called out by a friend. Later this evening at dinner without a doubt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back