Possibly the best tube headphone amplifier in the world....
Sep 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #66 of 76
I think he's not crazy, just poor compliant to his medicines.
L3000.gif

Sep 13, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #67 of 76
i dont know anything about electronics but i play a little guitar and have tried a few amps. the best sound for clean was a homemade amp. very simple schematic from some old fender thing. i tried it for 10 minutes left dazzled, then tried it for a week i wondered hm, it costs 4 times less than the famous and fancy Deluxe Reverb and its pure clean sounds so much better?

this ebay deal looks like a joke or a bet or something but it reminded that weird $/sound quality "anomaly". we had a discussion later with more experienced dude, he told that the makers idea was to keep the wires as short as possible and use the simplest schematics and keep combining the stuff (old transformers and tubes). he said that it seems the more stuff you add to the path the more numb the sound tends to go.

a little bit off topic, sorry.

Sep 13, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #68 of 76
Looked like a total joke to me...made me laugh. :)

Sep 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #70 of 76
Even more impressive for only $470 + $500 nominal S&H charge

[size=medium] This is for an extremely  rare TP-14 repeating tube amplifier equaliser[/size]
[size=medium]  in excellent condition![/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] TP-14 Signal Corps equalising repeating tube amplifier.[/size]
[size=medium] Originaly designed to repeat and equalise long 600 Ohm lines,[/size]
[size=medium] it could be used as a killer eq. by an adventurous[/size]
[size=medium] producer to bring in very high frequecies etc. Winning bidder[/size]
[size=medium] must have a good knowledge of tube electronics to make full[/size]
[size=medium] creative use.[/size]

[size=medium] It uses top military quality transformers filters, and two 6G6 tubes[/size]
[size=medium] each operating in Single Ended Class A for that great production of[/size]
[size=medium] 2nd harmonics.[/size]

http://cgi.ebay.com/TP-14-Tube-S-E-Amplifier-Equaliser-Signal-Corps-Pultec-/330463290684?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf125a53c#ht_5685wt_1139

[size=small]
Question & Answer​
Answered On​
[/size]
[size=small]
Q: ​
Hello, what kind of connection do you find on this gear? Also what requencys can lower/boost? Would it be a good idea to use it as a mastering eq? Merci.​
Aug-21-10​
A: ​
Hello, Thank you for your question. I don't know why it is always French that buy these unconventional rare tube equipment! It is easy to connect balanced line cables as all is done by binding posts (on the control panel). It should adjust high frequencies as this is the loss when you have a 600ohms line of miles long. It appears to be parametric as there are different switches for frequency selection. I dont know what are the exact frequencies. If you are adventurous and want to have a unique mastering eq yes it is a great idea. You should even be able to make it work in stereo as there as two separate single ended 6G6 tube amplifiers operating in class A each with its exceptional quality military output transformer. Please bear in mind that you need to do a good thinking and have a good knowledge of tubes electroniques to adapt it to your needs and do extensive tests with dummy equipment or loads before connecting to your other expensive and creative equipment. Merci, Best regards, Aetoulis​
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back