Possible to repair or sell damaged Klipsch Custom 3s?
Jul 31, 2011 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Lazerborg

New Head-Fier
I have had a pair of Klipsch custom-3 IEMs for the past few years, and they recently fell victim to a friend's dog; he chewed up one of the foam earbuds (not a big loss) and managed to open the back of one of the earpieces and did some damage to the inside. They still work, with the damaged earpiece being quieter than when undamaged. I contacted Klipsch, and they told me they don't do repairs; would it be possible to repair these myself, or sell them to someone? Pics below, sorry about the poor quality, if someone is interested/willing to help, I can certainly provide much higher res images. Thanks!

Jul 31, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 4
Well, the damaged earpiece still works, but it's quiet, and lacking highs, which leads me to believe that one of the drivers was damaged, or a cable was cut... i have the shell piece, and could probably put it back on fairly easily.

Jul 31, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 4
If one side is noticebly quieter than the other, sounds like either a driver took a hit, or more likely the crossover cable connecting the two drivers.  I think you may be better off finding another pair (there's one available now in the forsale forums), or take a chance like Smallville said and try to get them reshelled see if the service can repair for free or at nominal cost.   The C3 is a very unique sound.  One of the best sound coming from a dual armature IEM, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back