Possible to bring mids forward on TH900?
Feb 4, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 8

I don't know these phones but have a look at my thread on damping Stax phones,  Sorbothane properly used can bring out a lot of clarity. So far I have only tried it with one dynamic phone and this showed the same effects as I noted with the stats,

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 8
I had the same problem. I loved everything about the TH900 other than the mids were extremely recessed. I switched to a pair of TH600's and greatly preferred those. 

May 6, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #5 of 8
I own the TH900 and I like them a lot except for the fact the mids are recessed.
Is there any kind of configuration that can bring the mids forward?

dunno why you felt that you had to start a new thread for this but anyways. the th900 reportedly responds well to a little eq.

I had the same problem. I loved everything about the TH900 other than the mids were extremely recessed. I switched to a pair of TH600's and greatly preferred those. 

describing the th900's mids as extremely recessed is an exaggeration imo.

May 20, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #7 of 8
  > Possible to bring mids forward on TH900?

Yes! Read this: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/763965/fostex-th900-mods

I have performed the pad mods so far and they undeniably bring the mids forward. My pads are wee thin now so the mids are a little more forward than I prefer (more than my HE-560), so I will probably tweak the thickness of the carbon foam to bring it back just slightly more.

I highly recommend trying this--the magnitude of the change induced by this mod is greater than that I've heard from rolling any DACs and Amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back