Possible that my body "rejects" in-ear headphones?
Jan 31, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #17 of 22

Quote:
and I just can't find a good fit for any - they're just too uncomfortable in my ears. Well, actually, just my right ear. My left ear is fine, but I think my right ear canal is smaller than the left ear canal, and IEMs just wont fit correctly.

It's the same with me, i hate it .___. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #18 of 22
the only tips that fit in my ears (and stay) are the triple flange ones..but they don't come with any IEM.  for my luck they do come bundled with the shure's and ety's.    I don't believe that there is an ear out there that the triple flange tips won't fit to, they are build in a certain way that will get deep into every hole existed
bigsmile_face.gif
     and they also give the best seal and isolation,that's another positive thing about them.  some probably find them uncomfortable and iritating,but once you get used to their feel you forget about it and enjoy pure bliss of music and isolation.

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #21 of 22
There's at least 2 things wrong with plonter's post.  Some IEMs come with triple flange tips and triple flange tips kill my ears.

The only in ear I own that I can wear consistently is Westone 1 because it doesn't go very far in your ear.  I have to use large Shure olives to get a seal.  I can use my Klipsch X5 only a few months out of the year because of allergies.  If my allergies are acting up, they're just to painful, even with small Comply tips.

I've also had the problem with IEMs falling out when the wires just hang.  If you can get the wire over your ear, they'll generally stay. 

BTW, customs don't necessarily last a life time.  If your weight changes by 30 pounds, they probably won't fit any more.  My wife is deaf and it's happened to a few of her friends with their hearing aids.

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
There's at least 2 things wrong with plonter's post.  Some IEMs come with triple flange tips and triple flange tips kill my ears.

The only in ear I own that I can wear consistently is Westone 1 because it doesn't go very far in your ear.  I have to use large Shure olives to get a seal.  I can use my Klipsch X5 only a few months out of the year because of allergies.  If my allergies are acting up, they're just to painful, even with small Comply tips.

I've also had the problem with IEMs falling out when the wires just hang.  If you can get the wire over your ear, they'll generally stay. 

BTW, customs don't necessarily last a life time.  If your weight changes by 30 pounds, they probably won't fit any more.  My wife is deaf and it's happened to a few of her friends with their hearing aids.

he admitted triple flanges cause irritation for many. also, you can wear the westone 1's w/ shure olives consistently because they are more comfortable. you can't beat triple flanges for isolation and seal (possibly a custom minus the isolation) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back