Portland Meet Impressions 3/26/05
Mar 28, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #17 of 33
by the time you guys figured out an O-state meeting, i was back in vermont!

biggrin.gif

cheers fellas, hopefully i'll be around for the next oregon meet!

Mar 29, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
Wait a minute, no one mentioned the tests of the portable cd and mp3 players with isolation cones? Where's the exclamation of the outstanding improvement they provided?!
600smile.gif

Upon standing on those vibrapods, I could instantly see better, hear more clearly, the room temperature felt just right, I felt euphoric, and, according to others, my voice sounded more pure and clear. Oh, and I think they got the stain out of my shirt too!

Mar 29, 2005 at 12:20 AM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemo
Upon standing on those vibrapods, I could instantly see better, hear more clearly, the room temperature felt just right, I felt euphoric, and, according to others, my voice sounded more pure and clear. Oh, and I think they got the stain out of my shirt too!

PRICELESS!!!
k1000smile.gif

Someone should adopt this as their sig and pass on props to Zemo. I havent laughed this much all weekend
tongue.gif

Mar 29, 2005 at 9:13 AM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budgie
The meet was fun and we will defineatly do it again. I will start looking for locations right away. Lets try to make the next one bigger and better. Any ideas can be sent to me by PM.

Absolutely, and thanks again for setting up the March meet! Hopefully my amp is fixed and I can get what I decided I want to get myself for my birthday in the next coupla days: Some ER6i's! I found a site (Beach Audio)that should sell them for around 110$ shipped, but I'll email them and make sure before I take the plunge. I ordered some of those orange Shure tips too, so I can sample flavors like Grado pads(My poor man's canalphones project is still in progress and so far is very eartip dependent). I may also have a 1/8" to 1/4" converter so I can run my SR125's or some of the other cans at the meet through my amp, but I could use some suggestions as to which one I should get. I'm thinking that the Grado mini converter might suit me well, but I'm very open to suggestions. Oh, and Budgie, here 's the amp I have that JMT's working on. I'm owner #3.
Quote:

Kinda makes me wonder what you'd get if you use Dr.Scholl's gel insoles for vibration dampers. Your gear will be gellin' like Magellan?
tongue.gif

Gsferrari's back to his old evil self, eh? Good times! Hey, I saw your review on the PortaPros and Circuit City's website. Too bad most of the other reviews or the people reading them don't know what AKG's or Grado's are.
In any case, spreading the HeadFi-itis can only be a good thing. Props, bro!

Here's to the possible establishment of Team OregonFi if there isn't one yet,
Abe

P.S.- a rip from Sealab, but listening to the HD650's was like a Koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!!!

Mar 31, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
LOL, when's the next meet?

I may have to make a trip out to Oregon. I haven't been there since I was a wee baby.

-Ed

There is a meet at my place next weekend as long as you bring the R10s and K1000s.

*whistles innocently*

Apr 1, 2005 at 6:24 AM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
There is a meet at my place next weekend as long as you bring the R10s and K1000s.

*whistles innocently*

Oooooooo, I'd love to hear those!
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #27 of 33
Yeah, I think if edwood showed up in PDX with R10s and K1000s, a meet would just kinda happen... just follow the drool trails from the airport to his place
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Hey, I'd show up!

Hey Zemo, if I see ya at the next meet, are you bringing your PC again? I still wanna get some of your music library if possible, and I'm getting a 120GB hdd for that purpose, as well as to expand the limits of my system and make part of it portable at the same time with the addition of an external case with USB interface.

There's gotta be even more cans at the next meet-Bring on the RS1's! Bring on the K1000's! Bring on the R10/Qualia 010! Bring on the Stax Omegas! Viva la revolution, viva la HeadFi!

Team OregonFi, (insert associated catch phrase here),
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back